Help needed, broken FX1 ! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old September 30th, 2007, 08:57 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Help needed, broken FX1 !

The Zoom and focus servos on my FX1 have gone crazy. Its weird, if I operate the camera leveled, they work just fine, but if I tilt it down over 20 degrees and touch the zoom rocker, it they start moving on their own back and forth.

Anyway... anybody knows a repair shop or service center in the Los Angeles area were I can take this? Sony (as per their site) dosnt have one, and I have to send it to get repair. I would like to do it faster and locally.

Thanks !

Adrian
Adrian Vallarino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2007, 05:01 PM   #2
Major Player

In the past I had my fx1 fall on the ground while connected to a tripod and it snapped the ceramic body inside the camera. If you do end up sending it to sony you need not call the LA repair facility since it is not for prosumer camera's, you need to contact the repair facility that is somewhere in Texas. Samy's camera would be able to ship it out for you. There should be one close to you.
James Brill is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1