Sony HVR-25U at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old October 23rd, 2007, 06:50 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Sony HVR-25U

Hello!

I am thinking of adding a Sony HVR-25U to my system, and am wondering if any current users can tell me if it can make timecode window burns. I am using a DSR-80 DVCAM deck currently where you can switch on the time code window with a menu setting for making dubs. I need this option for some of my projects, and wondered if anyone could enlighten me on this.

Thanks!

BTW - New member - my first question post!
David Decker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2007, 11:27 PM   #2
Major Player

Yes you can turn on the timecode display when going cvbs or yuv out the back of the 25. It works the same way as the DSR-25 and 45. Slightly different to the 80/1500/1800s however as the 25 also has some other information on the screen, although nothing a logger will have issues with.

Google image search DSR 45 display and you'll see what im talking about on the LCD display on the front of the deck.
Joe Lawry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2007, 08:29 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks - just what I needed to know. Time to put one on order!
Old October 24th, 2007, 02:55 PM   #4
Major Player

Great wee decks, just dont buy the 15.. those things are worse than the old dsr11s..
Joe Lawry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2007, 06:56 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Yes, the 25 seems to have a lot of features and proper connections - the 15 looks a little light with all the RCA connectors - which I am sure would work for some, but not here.

Thanks for your input!
Old December 30th, 2007, 03:56 PM   #6
Major Player

Also, Sony is coming out with the M35u with an HD SDI out which will be the SDI cousin of the M25u. Might be worth the wait.

I also do all kinds of TC burns from M25 with no problems. You can change the size, style and location of the TC in many ways.
Rick L. Allen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1