Should i Buy ? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old January 28th, 2008, 05:19 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Should i Buy ?

I can get a HDRFX1 at a very good price through a sony rep.. ($3600AUD.. The cheapest ebay price is around $4100) Im wondering though if i should get it ? I want to get a High Def camera, but isn't it getting a bit long in the tooth ?

Are there any hard drive models to be announced soon or something that would make me regret buying the FX1 now ?
Randy Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2008, 08:45 AM   #2
Trustee

Even though the FX1 is getting a little long in the tooth, it's still a great camera. It cans till hold it' own in it's camera prosumer class. Some even still think that it's better than the Canon A1 in low light.

Sure there are new fancier, smarter based cameras (drive based) coming out. But if you are in immediate need of upgrading to a prosumer HD camera, then the FX1 can still be very affordable viable option, that will work well for you for years to come.

I recently purchased 2 very well taken care of (lightly used) FX1's from members here (who are moving to EX1's) for around $2,000 a piece.
I wanted to stay Sony because I have used PD170's for years and my batteries and such will work with the new Sony cameras. I was deciding on the FX1 or V1U, and settled on the FX1 (with Beachtek box) due to it's better low light ability, although the V1U gives slightly better color reproduction.

I would love a EX1 or Z1/Z7, but they are out of my current price range, since I needed 2 cameras. Also if I want hard drive based recording, I could always pickup a FS4 or Novia drive. Oh. BTW I also picked up a Canon HV20 for a capture deck, personal and backup camera. I compared it to the Sony cameras in it's class and picked it up because it's a great little camera, and best in its class.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1