Playmates for Z1/FX1 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old March 17th, 2008, 10:45 AM   #16
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Liebergot View Post
Maybe they'll come up with a consumer version of the Z7, which might use the 1/3 CMOS sensors, not have a removable lens, and maybe or maybe not have the ability to mount (MRC1 CF recorder) to the rear of the camera without the need for firewire hookup.
Now that's the camera I'm looking for. I don't need the exchangable lense on the Z7 and can't justify the Z7's price tag in my head for what's beginning to look like, to me (from what little I've read/seen) as "no better than best in class HDV image quality." I don't want to spend similar money to a Z7 on an EX1 with it's step-up in image quality/bigger CMOS size/35MBs data rate because I still want tapes (as back-up) and don't like the price of SxS cards.

Come on Sony, I'm sure I'm not the only one!
Old March 17th, 2008, 12:40 PM   #17
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Liebergot View Post
They don't have any refurbished Sony's, but still have the FX2 listed under regular HD cameras for full price.
The Online Outlet is a different site you link to through the Sony Style USA main site. The Outlet and Refurbished site has FX7s and VX2100s, but as noted above the FX1s were gone as of this morning. Too bad; last night I decided to pick up one as a backup and obviously waited too long. They were on the Outlet site for all of five days.

The regular site does have the FX1 for full price (as does B&H, a trusted sponsor); I assume that's what you meant by FX2.
Adam Gold is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1