Can't transfer video from FX1 to PC at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old April 3rd, 2008, 10:43 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Can't transfer video from FX1 to PC

I couldn't manage it for a while (camera was purchased used).
Finally made it to my friend's place who has fx1 too, happens that it's something with the camera (not my pc or wire). Once cable is connected to PC nothing shows on the screen. Anybody encounter similar challenge? Is the output fried or something like that? I sure can buy an inexpensive sony small camcorder for transfering video to PC, but it still is not the same.
KC.
K.C. Kennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2008, 05:14 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Perhaps you have a setting wrong in the VCR settings of the camera. Alternatively try recording SD footage and see if it captures.
Colin Pearce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2008, 10:26 AM   #3
Regular Crew

I would do Colin's suggestion. In the VCR menu on the camera the two arrows option allows for HD or SD transfer. Page 77 of the operating manual goes through this in detail. If the manual did not come with the camera you should be able to download one from the Sony website. I had similar frustations until I got the VCR settings right. Good luck, Dale
Dale Bohlke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2008, 12:43 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Thank you guys

As soon as I get the camera back I'll try your suggestions.
KC.
K.C. Kennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2008, 02:47 PM   #5
Regular Crew

solution

KC,

I had the same problem. That is if we're talking about the same situation. Make sure you FX1 is powered off... then plug in the cable (with camera off) then turn the camera ON (if you dont do it in that order it will not work) And when you capture look at your FX1 screen during capture.

It worked for me... good luck
David Kovalev is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1