Z-1 Lens Hood at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old October 20th, 2008, 11:11 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Z-1 Lens Hood

I think I know the answer but just to be sure - I knocked my Z-1 and my lens hood popped off. Upon examination, one of the two connection tabs broke. You know how you press in and twist? Only one side latches, the other broke off. My quick fix is I put a ring of black electrical tape around the circumference and it works graet for a fix. Will I have to replace the entire lens assembly in order to fix it right? With depreciation, I can't imagine tht it would be worth doing. Anyone have to replace this yet?

Jeff
Jeff Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2008, 04:59 PM   #2
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Mack View Post
I think I know the answer but just to be sure - I knocked my Z-1 and my lens hood popped off. Upon examination, one of the two connection tabs broke. You know how you press in and twist? Only one side latches, the other broke off. My quick fix is I put a ring of black electrical tape around the circumference and it works graet for a fix. Will I have to replace the entire lens assembly in order to fix it right? With depreciation, I can't imagine tht it would be worth doing. Anyone have to replace this yet?

Jeff
Buy a new one about $100.00 with shipping
HOOD, Sony 218643001 at PartStore.com
Brian Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2008, 07:21 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Lens Hood.

I don't think I was clear. The lens hood didn't break but the piece on the lens did. It won't stay attached with only one clip. I couldn't see a picture but for $100, I imagine that was for the hood only. Sorry for not being clear on which mating part broke.

Jeff
Jeff Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2008, 07:29 AM   #4
Inner Circle

I doubt whether it would be the 'entire lens assembly' Jeff, but think you're right to assume that the cost of repair far outweighs the gains you'll make - especially when your tape-fix works so well.

Only problem I can see is at resale time, when prospective buyer takes a good hard look all over the camera.

tom.
Tom Hardwick is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1