After FX Keylight v DV Matte Pro Sony FX1 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old April 2nd, 2009, 10:32 AM   #1
New Boot

After FX Keylight v DV Matte Pro Sony FX1

I'm using Keylight with a green screen chromakey and MPEG files from my FX1 (not a great idea, I know).
Is DV Matte Pro for After FX worth considering?
Chummy
e-presenter.tv: Web Video | Online Presenters | Videos On The Web | Website With Video Presenter
Web Video Presenters
Martin Chambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2009, 01:41 PM   #2
Major Player

You mean using DV Matte as an alternative? I have DV Matte for After Effects on my power book, but when I tried to get it for my new intel Mac it was not available anymore. So I don't know that DV Matte is even available for After Effects at all, but my opinion of the plug in is that it is the greatest thing I ever used. I've done a 20 minute "movie" using it to key every shot, and I wouldn't consider using anything else.
I'm guessing you don't have a mac if your using mpeg files, but if you have final cut -export those files as pro res. Do not use the HDV codec to key.
Aric Mannion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2009, 08:55 AM   #3
Major Player

I did a bunch of shots with a Z1U and Keylight in AE and they all turned out well after tweaking the Keylight settings a bit. Try messing with the Keylight settings before you give up.

Check out all of the XWing fighter and TIE fighter cockpit shots in the film at the link below: they were all done this way...

Bill

Kid Wars IX - The Battle For Urthe on Vimeo
William Gardner is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1