FX1 and "Pro" version weight on our tripods? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old October 8th, 2004, 06:28 AM   #1
Trustee

FX1 and "Pro" version weight on our tripods?

Hi all,

Anyone know the total weight of this new "Pro" version (and the FX1)? I own the Miller DS-5, and I'm a little worried about the weight. I've been reading a posts where people who's seen and held it say it's "bigger than I thought". My tripod cost $1000, and I bought it to "grow into" like a lot of people do.

I really, really hope it's not over 8-10 pounds! Any info would be helpful!

Thanks, Murph
Old October 8th, 2004, 01:47 PM   #2
Trustee

Re: FX1 and "Pro" version weight on our tripods?

<<<-- Originally posted by Christopher C. Murphy : Hi all,

Anyone know the total weight of this new "Pro" version (and the FX1)? I own the Miller DS-5, and I'm a little worried about the weight. I've been reading a posts where people who's seen and held it say it's "bigger than I thought". My tripod cost $1000, and I bought it to "grow into" like a lot of people do.

I really, really hope it's not over 8-10 pounds! Any info would be helpful!
-->>>

I seriously doubt it will be more than 7 pounds, 8 at most. The heavy part will always be the battery, so you may choose to use an external battery on most shots.

Carlos
Carlos E. Martinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2004, 02:07 PM   #3
Trustee

Oh, cool...I was getting worried because a bunch of people that have actually seen the camera have commented on the size.

thanks!

murph
Old October 8th, 2004, 03:14 PM   #4
Trustee

Please don't take my comment as actual knowledge of the FX-1 weight.

My guess is just because the tendency of new video equipment, particularly when in the border between consumer and pro, is to get lighter.

Which is a good thing up to a certain level. But it also indicates that internal parts are becoming plastic and no-maintenance stuff.

The way to do that should be using aluminum and carbon fiber, which are sturdy and light, but also expensive to machine.

The pro version will probably be a bit heavier, but I don't think it will go past 4 kilograms.

Carlos
Carlos E. Martinez is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1