Sony Japan's official anouncement on HVR-Z1J and HVR-M10J - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old February 11th, 2005, 03:37 PM   #31
Regular Crew

Heath thanks for the input. Do you think I could buy the FX-1 shoot my fishing show and edit on VEGAS 5.0 then have good enough quality to use on a nation network such as ESPN, OLN, OUTDOOR Channel? Right now I use the GS400 for FSN and it comes out really well but if I can move up in picture quality and it work out I would do it asap. www.chewonthis.tv

Thanks,
Capt Ben
Old February 11th, 2005, 03:56 PM   #32
MPS Digital Studios

Why not? It's up to the networks whether they'd buy it or not.

I don't know if Vegas supports HDV natively or not yet, but Aspect HD offers HDV importing, etc., for Premiere and Vegas.

heath
Old February 11th, 2005, 03:58 PM   #33
Regular Crew

I don't think you're going to see a difference in picture quality in the SD world.. where the camera really shines is in affordable HD. If you're looking to produce content in HD, I'd say go for it. You can go both ways with the FX-1 and Z1 and soon there will be a huge demand for HD content. Even if you shoot in HD now but still finish in SD, you'll have a season or two of shows that can be retooled for HD down the road.
Mike Tiffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2005, 04:08 PM   #34
Regular Crew

One of the benefits of Vegas when I purchased it was the fact that it supports HD. At the time I didn't think I would every have the opportunity to actually shoot in HDV.
Old February 11th, 2005, 04:42 PM   #35

<<<-- Originally posted by Mike Tiffee : I don't think you're going to see a difference in picture quality in the SD world.. where the camera really shines is in affordable HD. If you're looking to produce content in HD, I'd say go for it. You can go both ways with the FX-1 and Z1 and soon there will be a huge demand for HD content. Even if you shoot in HD now but still finish in SD, you'll have a season or two of shows that can be retooled for HD down the road. -->>>

Actually, you'll see a huge difference in shooting HDV, then downscaling to SD, particularly if you let Vegas do the downscaling vs the cam. (if you're not using Vegas, don't bother downscaling in your app)

We've done a bunch of tests, even took it to Best Buy, Circuit City, and RC Willey's for "consumers" to provide feedback.
http://www.vasst.com
Douglas Spotted Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2005, 04:48 PM   #36
Regular Crew

So the FX-1 would be the better choice for me according to you guys. I believe I am going to buy the camera through Circuit City because they have a great inexpensive service plan and I can have the camera taken care of here locally without having to send it off somewhere far. I believe the total price with 3 year service plan is $3700. Do you guys think this is the best way to go?
Old February 11th, 2005, 11:36 PM   #37
MPS Digital Studios

One thing, they send the camera out, I can guarantee that. They'll just send it to Sony.

I think buying the FX1 is a wise choice, and you'll be saving plenty of money. Enough to buy a good tripod!

heath

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1