Century Optics WA for FX1 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old November 22nd, 2004, 06:47 PM   #1
Regular Crew

wide angle

Hi Guys,

great discussions ...like always...one question

has anybody tried using the century optins 0.6x wide angle for dvx100...with the fx1...if yes does it work? so that I dont have to later sell mine and buy a new one...

Thanks
Old November 22nd, 2004, 07:38 PM   #2
Barry Wan Kenobi

Bill Turner at Century has tested the existing .6 with the FX1, and it looks like it will work with just a modification to the bayonet ring. He says that existing XL1 or DVX .6 lenses could be adapted to work on the FX1/Z1 (but the conversion is permanent, so the lens will either work on your Sony or your DVX or XL1, but not on more than one).
Barry Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2004, 07:54 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks Barry,

I need it for sony only. I will be trading in my dvx . Thanks for the reply .

Thanks
Old November 23rd, 2004, 06:51 AM   #4
Major Player

what about the .3 fisheye. I have it for my dvx100 and it would be GREAT if I could fit it on the sony in the future.
Greg Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2004, 07:39 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Century optics is currently working on a .3 ultra fish eye for the FX-1. They say it will be "quite large" but the image size and quality will be "excellent" They hope to have a prototype in 60-90 days. If they like it, it will be another 3 months till they're available.

They say the current ProDV lenses will work and they're currently working on the bayonet locking ring. They say they'll have stock codes and pricing in the coming weeks.
Mike Tiffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2004, 02:49 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Hi Barry,

So the adaptatin would be a plastic ring with adapter at each end for dvx and fx1 ...i e for century optics 0.6. I took my 0.6 lens to henrys to try out on fx1. it did'nt fit but looking thro the glass nit seemed it would work well. Only that it needs that adapter. But the 0.6 on sony looked really amazing just being in front of the camera ...i mean it was really wide.

Thanks for your answers .

:))

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1