Sony HDR-FX1 with P+S mini35 Image Converter - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old January 31st, 2005, 01:19 AM   #31
Regular Crew

Not to throw my gasoline on the conspiracy fire, but his alias is Christopher Haering but he signed it 'christopher häring' I don't know about you but I don't mispell my name.
Hayden Rivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2005, 03:34 AM   #32
Regular Crew

Hayden nice conspiracy!

This might be because of the name register. My name and surname has some (´) attached on it, but when i tried to put complete spell, the machine didn´t let me register because it considered these symbols like alias things.

He probably looked for the most similar vowels sounds to his surname.

I´ve seen the Nate Weaver video and it looks great too, so the point must be that being filmed (recorded for the pourists) on a higer def and then downconverted in resolution (i hope im not fitting my feet in mouth very much with what i´m saying (still learning)), you get faboulous quality anyway to do what you want (i.e. blow up to film or do slo-mo tricks).

One step beyond...
Old January 31st, 2005, 07:48 AM   #33
Obstreperous Rex

<< his alias is Christopher Haering but he signed it 'christopher häring' >>

That's easily forgiveable, in my opinion. We're known as an American board, despite the fact that I've intended for it to be international in appeal (but limited to the English language for practical reasons). Most Germans I have ever known, have correctly assumed that a casual American wouldn't know what an umlaut is. So they'll spell their name with an "ae" or an "oe" sometimes, and use an umlaut other times.

But this is completely off-topic now, so please disregard.

;-)

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2005, 08:44 AM   #34
Regular Crew

It's not miss spelled. In german you can write ae instead of ä.
Michael Althaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2005, 05:28 AM   #35
Regular Crew

link no longer works, help!
Evan Estay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2005, 04:52 PM   #36
Regular Crew

Hey the link doesn't work anymore.
Rabi Syid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2005, 04:34 AM   #37
Regular Crew

Hi!

Only to clear things up a little - I guess the original post is absolutely real as I guess no one besides Christopher Haering himself could new the link to the video. ;-)
Furthermore "Fettes Brot" is a very well known band here in germany and the whole thing is absolutely not no-budget - as posted before by others thats one part of why it looks so good. It was professionally CCed/cut etc.pp. ... and personally I would say that they could have achieved the same with a DVX100A or XL2! I'm really wondering why they chose a HDV cam in the first place as HD is still not really getting off the ground here in germany and there are almost no distribution channels at all where you could watch something like this promo in more than SD quality! (of course you can argue about the better picture because of 1080i -> SD downconversion in post... however there were many examples/experiences posted on the web already showing that the benefit isn't that big)

Btw the vid was produced by a production company called Big Fish... http://www.bigfish.de/
If you have a look you'll see that they work with directors like Philipp Stölzl for example who directed one (or more) videos for Evanescence and others. So this is not really no budget indie style film/video making we're talking about here. :-)

Regarding links to the video.. here you go:

http://www.fettesbrot.de/downloads/Emanuela.mov
(quicktime, 18 mb)

http://www.fettesbrot.de/downloads/E...%20kompakt.mov
(quicktime, 2,8 mb)

http://www.fettesbrot.de/downloads/Emanuela.rm
(real-media, 4,7 mb)

http://www.fettesbrot.de/downloads/emanuela.wmv
(windows media, 5,5 mb)

Cheers,
-Sören
Soeren Mueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2005, 08:46 AM   #38
Major Player

Several people on our staff are clamoring for the CD. I dont see where they are selling anywhere but in Europe. Too bad.

Are they offering downloads on Itunes yet?

Jeff P.
Jeff Patnaude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2005, 08:53 AM   #39
Major Player

itunes it is

I just checked and the EP is available on iTunes... download away!
Old March 5th, 2005, 01:09 PM   #40
Major Player

Kevin,
I searched Itunes and didn't get anything. Link?

Jeff P
Jeff Patnaude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2005, 03:06 PM   #41
Major Player

Search for Fettes Brot in the iTunes store.
Bryan McCullough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2005, 11:22 AM   #42
Major Player

to Christopher Haering

i saw the video few days ago on german satelite channel.
in full pal resolution.

despite really really nice work - i saw also two strange, very small circless (rings) at the very top of the screen. (approx 1/30th of the screen size - but visible)

did anyone saw this?

those circles/rings were rotating - in my opinion - the same way as p+s. so it's some kind of artefact visible in this movie. i can't tell how many times those circles are visible (i saw the clip just once on PAL Tv). but i noticed it just when the bright sky is in the shot.

Christopher, can you explain us little bit more?

thanks,

filip
Old March 7th, 2005, 02:44 AM   #43
Regular Crew

Hi Filip!
That's funny.. I came here to post exactly the same! :-)
I have already seen the video a number of times on TV already but most of the time on smaller TVs and I never looked as carefully as this time - and I noticed the same! It's strange... dunno if it was only in this broadcast or if it's always there. I'll have a look at MTV & Co. the next days and look at it again carefully if I catch it again.
Perhaps it's really some "artefact" of the P+S?! Looked like the center of some rotating ground glass... some wicked mixup in their setup?! Or maybe the Mini35 is yet incompatible with the FX1? I'm really curious too...
Soeren Mueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2005, 03:33 AM   #44
Major Player

<<<-- Originally posted by Soeren Mueller : Hi Filip!
That's funny.. I came here to post exactly the same! :-)

he, he... nice to hear that. so i'am not alone :)

Quote:
Perhaps it's really some "artefact" of the P+S?! Looked like the center of some rotating ground glass...
exactly!

i think that (as i remember) since it shows just on very bright parts - maybe is just a reflection from the GG surface?

you know - sometimes you can see the "amplified" reflection when i.e. you shooting in the dark and the car is passing buy. many times you will see double or triple reflection of these car lights because it reflects from the lens surface and than again from the filter, and than again from the lenses... etc.

maybe is similar in that case.

anyone who is using P+S technik noticed that?

filip
Old March 7th, 2005, 04:32 AM   #45
Regular Crew

Hm just nearly missed the clip again... so I didn't get captures from scenes where it was even more noticable but I got this one:

http://misc.soeren.de/emanuela1.jpg

The rotating "artefact" (dark circle) is in the upper middle of the picture (ignore the letterboxing ;o) ... it's most noticable when the image is relatively bright in that area and it's always in the same location what makes it even more noticeable.

This is only the part of interest (from the same frame, contrast enhanced)
http://misc.soeren.de/emanuela2.jpg

.. and this from a few frames earlier or later:

http://misc.soeren.de/emanuela3.jpg

Looks like the center of a rotating ground glas or something?! Weird!

Cheers
Soeren Mueller is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1