wide angle lens? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old January 31st, 2005, 08:01 PM   #1
Tourist

wide angle lens?

Do the fx1/z1 use the same threading as the other sony camcorders? I already have a few different lens's from my VX2000 that I am thinking about just keeping to use again for when I pick one of these up.
Rishard Chapoteau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2005, 08:59 PM   #2
Barry Wan Kenobi

It's doubtful it would work. The VX2000 had 58mm lens threads, the FX1 and Z1 have 72mm threads, so you'll likely see very strong vignetting if you put a 58mm lens on it.
Barry Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2005, 10:16 PM   #3
Major Player

Holy cow! I just realized, aren't the Canon XL1/S/2 lenses 72mm? Wouldn't that be something? ;)
Old February 1st, 2005, 02:22 AM   #4
Barry Wan Kenobi

Some of the Canon lenses are 72mm, yes.

Then it becomes a question of, is the glass good enough to adequately resolve a high-definition image? It may very well be, but XL1/XL2 lenses were designed to perform for a standard-def camera, so they may not be "up to snuff" for high-def duty. Some testing is in order...
Barry Green is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1