Sony's new 3rd HDV model - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old April 24th, 2005, 03:21 PM   #16
Major Player

yes - exactly - " improved video codec " - what beast dwelleth here ? That statement could include alot of ground , i.e. opens up myriad questions . We need to know exactly what they mean by "improved ". Are there any hiredguns available ?? We need an expert to chime in on this one.
Kurth Bousman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2005, 03:37 PM   #17
Wrangler

My skeptical question would be "compared to what." The FX-1 has an "improved codec" when compared to the PD-170 for example...

---------

Just looking a little closer, that news item actually says "but the QUALIA seems to have a revised video codec " and its source is the Akihabara News, not Sony. Look at the press release from Sony in my earlier post. They are not claiming anything new in the Codec. They mention the "Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar SQ T* (star) lens (specialized for QUALIA" and other exciting features like the "genuine leather grip belt", and of course the "elegantly styled black piano finish" however.

The whole Qualia line seems to exist primarily as status symbols for people who don't care how much the latest gadget costs.

But I'm sure that the video you shoot with your new Qualia 002 is gonna sound great through those $2,600 Qualia 010 headphones and look even greater on the Qualia 006 Silicon X-tal Reflective Display which is "expected to sell for a relatively modest $13,000."
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2005, 04:07 PM   #18
Major Player

New CF26 Mode added for only 999.99 USD

FX1 3000 USD CF24 (lame)
FX1E 4000 USD CF25 (OK)
Qualia 5000 USD CF26 (revolutionary)

CF26 is the improved codec. To appreciate stunning improvement you need to buy matching color new Qualia projector for mere 26,000 USD
Radek Svoboda is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1