Capture problem with HVR-Z1 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old March 7th, 2010, 06:57 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Capture problem with HVR-Z1

Hi,

A friend of mine has a Sony HVR-Z1 and is having a problem capturing the video, HDV 1080i to his computer, using Apple Final Cut Pro from the camera.
When he selects Capture Now, it starts to capture then when it hits the next clip on the tape it stops capturing and says Searching for media, then it starts capturing again but in the mean time it has missed two or three seconds of the beginning of the next rush.
The camera continuous to play while its searching for the media, this is where we are losing the 2 or 3 seconds of the start of a rush. The tape has a continues time code.

Not sure if it a setting in Final Cut or a problem with the camera.

If anyone is able to help, it is appreciated.

Thanks.
Barry Uddstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2010, 11:37 AM   #2
Major Player

I saw a similar post recently and in that case, the capture issue was caused by using the "Quick Record" function of the camera during recording of the HDV tape. Something to look into for future use

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor
Jeff Pulera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2010, 06:18 AM   #3
New Boot

Hi Bryan

It has to do with the long GOP format of HDV. Great threads on this topic, in short when your camera buttons on/off while GOP being incomplete you have an issue. Turn quick record off....but you can encounter the above issue even without quick record being on and trying to log and batch capture a tape in HDV.

I know many like the HDV format but you will never have these issues when using Apple Pro res as a format.

Best

Gabor
Gabor Maly is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1