How to create color bars & tone on Sony FX1? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old June 15th, 2010, 12:05 PM   #1
Regular Crew

How to create color bars & tone on Sony FX1?

I tried the search but it says gallery is down for maintenance. Does anyone know how to create color bars & tone with the Sony FX1?
Jim Gunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2010, 12:19 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Press the BARS button under the LCD (page 102), or asign it to one of the ASSIGN buttons (page 68). No tone.
Old June 15th, 2010, 12:19 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Oh, I knew I was missing something obvious- I found the color bars on top by the VCR-like playback controls. But can the Sony FX1 make a tone to go with it? Thanks for any help.
Old June 15th, 2010, 12:22 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Gold View Post
Press the BARS button under the LCD (page 102), or asign it to one of the ASSIGN buttons (page 68). No tone.
Thanks for the quick reply, I was typing my own reply same time as you. I seem to recall someone telling me that the FX1 couldn't do a tone. Thanks for confirming if that is indeed the case.
Old June 15th, 2010, 12:28 PM   #5
Inner Circle

None of the FXes have this, and neither does the Z1. The Z5 and 7 do.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1