Helpppp? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old August 27th, 2010, 03:11 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Helpppp?

Can anybody help me, i have a c21:00 moisture condensation erroron my hvr z1 , yes i been on the forums and they said to whack it i tried that, it worked then its back again grrr.

I even open the carriage for an hour with and without battery.

I think it will be a repair does anybody know how much this will cost? or have a better way of saving me money i be forever grateful.

Also my z1 lcd image doesnt flip when its flat on the handle why is this too?

Bloody tape flow grrr

Thanks
Ollie Walton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2010, 09:17 PM   #2
Inner Circle

If you have not had a Sony Professional dealer service your camera yet, it is probably about time. A tape transport which is becoming a bit grubby or needs an alignment might cause an intermittent moisture error message.

It may cost you in the ballpark of about AU$350 but this will depend on what is wrong.

"Whacking" it might make a pinch roller binding in fluff or dried-out lube and which is not quite home against the capstan, move that last micromillimetre and do its job.

However every "whack" may do some other more permanent damage. The lens zoom, focus and iris mechanisms are good candidates for harm from this sort of treatment.

Last edited by Bob Hart; August 27th, 2010 at 09:24 PM. Reason: error
Bob Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2010, 12:17 PM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie Walton View Post
Can anybody help me, i have a c21:00 moisture condensation erroron my hvr z1 , yes i been on the forums and they said to whack it i tried that, it worked then its back again grrr.

I even open the carriage for an hour with and without battery.

I think it will be a repair does anybody know how much this will cost? or have a better way of saving me money i be forever grateful.

Also my z1 lcd image doesnt flip when its flat on the handle why is this too?

Bloody tape flow grrr

Thanks
Hey Ollie, Where have you been keeping your Z1 to get moisture in there out of interest?

Sony will offer a fixed price repair and it will be £200-£500.

Start Sony Support Centre or give them a call.
David Dwyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2010, 02:14 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Hey just in the bag, not been damn has been cold tho, im getting it repaired and getting silica gel to put in the camera bag :)
Ollie Walton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2010, 11:56 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie Walton View Post
Also my z1 lcd image doesnt flip when its flat on the handle why is this too?hanks
I don't understand the question Ollie. The image only flips when the LCD is fully opened and twisted round to show the talent as you film.

tom.
Tom Hardwick is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1