Any Ideas for Analog Computer Interface for Live Streaming? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old October 30th, 2010, 10:56 PM   #1
Tourist

Any Ideas for Analog Computer Interface for Live Streaming?

I just added a Memory Recording Unit to my Z1U which uses up the one and only iLink port that allowed me to live stream to a laptop for web casting our company events.

With the iLink being used by the MRU, I was wondering if it is doable to use one of the analog ports to live stream to the laptop?

I've searched for articles or forum posts that could give some hands-on advice but I didn't find any. However I did find many positive reviews for the Canopus ADVC 300 ADVC300 | Grass Valley as a good general-purpose S-Video to Firewire converter. The $400 price tag is about my pain threshold unless there is an overwhelming reason to have to spend more.

The ADVC 300 seems to be more focused on cleaning up old analog tapes and it has a "Line Time Base Correction" function that doesn't seem to be able to be turned off (I think). I'm not sure if the Z1U's TBC and the ADVC 300's LTBC would somehow interfere with each other - I don't know too much about analog but I do know that I have to deliver a good video stream.

Any ideas or real-word experience?

By the way, I looked at trading in the Z1U for a Z5U thinking that the built-in support for the MRU would include its own dedicated iLink port and that the general purpose one would still be available. What a disappointing surprise!
Hari Nam Singh is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1