Short film at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old September 7th, 2005, 12:09 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Short film

Myself and a small group of young film makers we just completed a 4 day early morning till late night "film" shoot with the Sony Z1U HDV camera. The movie currently in post production. I just wanted to share with everybody that this was my first more serious shoot I really satisfied with the results and the quality of the material. Unfortunatly we were not able to use any 35mm adapter on the camera but with tricks we were able to achive nice film like DOFs since we would like to make the movie "look" not video!
I just check the entire 2.5 hour footage on a 50 inch plasma screen and this camera makes beautiful images but I am sure you all know this. I promise I will upload some still and clips for those who are interested as soon as I can to the movie webpage which is http://www.trekthemovie.com. The title of the movie is TREK. The webpage is in hungarian but under the Galeria menu you will find some shots soon!!!!At this moment there are a few shots of when the movie was made.
Thanks for reading.
Gabor Lacza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2005, 01:01 PM   #2
Tourist

short film

Hi Gabor,

well done for getting out there and shooting something!...

Did you use any form of camera stabalisation?? (Fig-rig, steadicam, camera crane etc...?)

I would be very interested to see any clips/stills from your film.

What settings did you use for the camera? cinegamma - black stretch etc...?

have a good time editing it! :)

Bryan
Bryan Fieldhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2005, 01:12 PM   #3
Regular Crew

hi Bryan,
I used dolly on track and on wheels and of course tripod.I didnt had the chance to use a steadicam type device.I used CF25 mode with Cinegamma on and Black stretch Off and all the others were default of PP4.
I already started the editing which I enjoy a lot...as soon as i have clips/stills I will upload them.
Gabor
Gabor Lacza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2005, 12:31 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Stills

I added some stills from the movie to my blog. If anyone interested take a look. I also recently finished a teaser for the movie which will be uploaded soon.

http://www.hdvstudio.net/blog/trek/trekblogger.html
http://www.trekthemovie.com (In Hungarian)
Gabor Lacza is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1