lectrosonics with HVR-Z1U at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old September 7th, 2005, 03:34 PM   #1
Major Player

lectrosonics with HVR-Z1U

Hopefully there is a simple answer here. We are running Lectrosonics wireless mics under our Z1 in Jimmi Box receiver mounts. Our audio settings in the camera are:
Audio Moni = ch1, ch2
audio output= 2VRMS
Audio limit= off
Mic nr= off
mic select= XLR
**XLR SET**
XLR ch sel ch1
XLR agc link seperate
input 1 level mic
input 1 trim 0db
input 1 wind on
input 2 level mic
input 2 trim odb
input 2 wind on

We are shooting in HDV mode and at least 5 of our field producers have had serious problems with audio dropouts from 5 different cameras and 10 different wireless mics.The mics we have are mics we used with sony DSR's years prior to the new Z1's and we never had problems when they were attached to the DSR's. I know I could probably give more info on our Z1 setups which could probably help with a diagnosis and if you need more info I will sure answer all the questions in order to fix this audio problem.We are stickly run and gun and definatly understand that most cameras are not made for what we put them through. Any help would be greatly appreciated. And thanks for all the great info everyone has here at DVinfo.
John M. McCloskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2005, 04:26 PM   #2
Major Player

All I can tell you is that I have been using Lectrosonic with FX-1 and Z1 since last year and don't have the problem you mentioned, if you have so many problems with differents mics and camera, may be it is the jimmi box or whatever that is that is the problem. Good luck.
Old September 7th, 2005, 07:49 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I do not think the drop outs are due to the Z1 in particular. Lectrosonics are of one the best wireless mics. About the drop-outs itself, could you tell when do they exactly happen? And, maybe a stupid question, but since you are strictly run and gun, I would like to make sure of one thing, do they actually get recorded to tape?

Quote:
Originally Posted by John M. McCloskey
Hopefully there is a simple answer here. We are running Lectrosonics wireless mics under our Z1 in Jimmi Box receiver mounts. Our audio settings in the camera are:
Audio Moni = ch1, ch2
audio output= 2VRMS
Audio limit= off
Mic nr= off
mic select= XLR
**XLR SET**
XLR ch sel ch1
XLR agc link seperate
input 1 level mic
input 1 trim 0db
input 1 wind on
input 2 level mic
input 2 trim odb
input 2 wind on

We are shooting in HDV mode and at least 5 of our field producers have had serious problems with audio dropouts from 5 different cameras and 10 different wireless mics.The mics we have are mics we used with sony DSR's years prior to the new Z1's and we never had problems when they were attached to the DSR's. I know I could probably give more info on our Z1 setups which could probably help with a diagnosis and if you need more info I will sure answer all the questions in order to fix this audio problem.We are stickly run and gun and definatly understand that most cameras are not made for what we put them through. Any help would be greatly appreciated. And thanks for all the great info everyone has here at DVinfo.
Augusto Manuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2005, 12:49 PM   #4
Major Player

yes, the dropouts are getting recorded to tape. If you run lectrosonics UCR201 or the older 195 how would you setup your receiver maybe moving the mics from a Sony DSR to the Z1 there might be a setting that needs to be pumped up or reduced. Like I said they all worked fine on the DSR's we ran before the Z1's. Maybe the tone or output Db level should be changed, any suggestions please
John M. McCloskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2005, 02:08 PM   #5
New Boot

audio drop outs

I have just bought a Z1E this week and took it for its first location shoot using the internal mic. Out of around 20 shots, on about five of them the audio cuts out completely for 1 - 2 secs, always about 1 sec in from the start of the shot. This happens after transcoding using Aspect HD and Prem Pro, not on camera original.

Do your problems occur at source?

thanks for any advice re mine.

Last edited by Martin Sercombe; October 8th, 2005 at 04:18 PM. Reason: fresh evidence
Martin Sercombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2005, 03:08 PM   #6
Major Player

It could be the batteries. Do you use fresh batteries for each shoot?
Old October 8th, 2005, 03:46 PM   #7
New Boot

I was using a fully charged F960L. It still has 454 mins to run.
Martin Sercombe is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1