Hollow/muffled sound Sony AX 2000 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old July 10th, 2012, 08:06 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Hollow/muffled sound Sony AX 2000

Running sennheiser EW 100 through my Sony AX 2000 and getting poor quality sound. It is not sharp or crisp but muffled or hollow sounding. Any help would be much appreciated. Are there setting I am missing on the camera ?

Thank John
John Arman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2012, 10:26 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Hollow/muffled sound Sony AX 2000

Have you tested it on another camera or audio recorder?

Determine if it is the wireless or the camera. The camera only has volumn control.

I had one a few year ago and not sure if the menu gives you the option to change Mic to line in. If it does make sure it is set on mic.

once that is done and you tried the wireless on another device and it worked I defer to someone else
Dan Herrmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2012, 10:38 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Re: Hollow/muffled sound Sony AX 2000

You'll probably get more responses if you post this in the NX5/AX2000 sub-forum. Or better yet, the audio forum, as it's unlikely that it's the cam that's your issue.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1