Shutter Speed - 60? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old February 18th, 2013, 01:45 PM   #1
Tourist

Shutter Speed - 60?

Shutter Speed - 60?

Is this always the best shutter speed? I am filming instructional DVD's, no special effects needed.
Is 90 to 120 bad?

I notice that my paused frames are not as sharp as other videos that I see online, even with proper lighting.

Thank You
Alex Tigran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2013, 11:00 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Shutter Speed - 60?

The answer, as usual, is "it depends."

The conventional wisdom is that 60 is generally the best for providing smooth motion under most circumstances, but if you are doing a lot of freeze-framing you might wish to mess around with other speeds and find if you like something else better. And much will depend upon how you're viewing the final picture, on what sort of screen, whether you're deinterlacing, and all that.

Best bet is to play around a bit and see what works for you.

If you're shooting with an FX1/Z1 you can't shoot any form of progressive, which you also might want to consider if you're going to be doing a lot of freezing.

I know, I know, not much help.....

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1