Capture Device not online. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old October 13th, 2005, 07:00 AM   #1
New Boot

Capture Device not online.

Hello we just purchased this camera at work and I am unable to get Premeire pro to recognize the camera. I have looked through the settings and such but no luck. We have a multitude of other cameras of various quality and I have never had this problem before. Thanks for the help.
Shaun Patterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2005, 07:22 AM   #2
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun Patterson
Hello we just purchased this camera at work and I am unable to get Premeire pro to recognize the camera. I have looked through the settings and such but no luck. We have a multitude of other cameras of various quality and I have never had this problem before. Thanks for the help.
I just went through this. How is the camera set up DV or HDV? If you have the setting on the camera to auto down convert Turn it off. Make sure the camera is set to the way you want to capture the footage. All those nifty auto features on the HVR do not play well with windows. If you go to the device manager does it recognize the camera. Feel free to call me I spent 8 hours with Adobe tech support on Friday to find out I had the camera set up wrong. The tech said that he had done this by accident when they got thier first FX1. 336 420 9490
Jerry Porter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2005, 07:40 AM   #3
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Porter
I just went through this. How is the camera set up DV or HDV? If you have the setting on the camera to auto down convert Turn it off. Make sure the camera is set to the way you want to capture the footage. All those nifty auto features on the HVR do not play well with windows. If you go to the device manager does it recognize the camera. Feel free to call me I spent 8 hours with Adobe tech support on Friday to find out I had the camera set up wrong. The tech said that he had done this by accident when they got thier first FX1. 336 420 9490
Hmmm I tried that but still no luck. The funny thin is it has been running fine on my coworkers machine for 2 months now and just deceided to stop. ANy other suggestions?
Old October 13th, 2005, 07:56 AM   #4
Major Player

Does the windows device manager see it? It should see it in two places depending on the mode, for HDV you should see it in the Sound, Video etc... tab in the device manager as a AV/C tape device. Put the camera in DV mode and open a premier project with dv settings set the device controll to DV/iEEE1394 capture. Does it see it now? If so you have a menu option messed up on the camera. Like I said give me a call if you need to
see number above.
Old October 13th, 2005, 08:36 AM   #5
Major Player

Also when you make changes in the menu the I link cable must be unplugged and replugged or the Sony will not make the change. Sony has a problem here with this stuff. There are somethings that they didn't consider when setting this stuff up to work with windows. If the down convert is set to auto it freaks windows and premier out and the don't know what to do. Premier sees HDV and the wrong settings and Windows says hey it's a camera who cares what format it is.
Old October 13th, 2005, 09:24 AM   #6
New Boot

well after going over it a couple of times i beleive that i have all the settings correct yet it not only wont capture but windows wont recognize the device. In the capture setting there is a pull down menu for device types and this camera is absent. Is there maybe a way to update that list? My coworker is going to try and reinstall premeire and see if that works.....thanks for all your help so far Jerry.
Old October 13th, 2005, 09:28 AM   #7
Major Player

Do you have XP service pack 2 loaded on the machine? If not - no dice on the driver for the camera. PP doesn't have them it's a windows thing and SP2 is the only place I know to get them.
Old October 13th, 2005, 10:16 AM   #8
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Porter
Do you have XP service pack 2 loaded on the machine? If not - no dice on the driver for the camera. PP doesn't have them it's a windows thing and SP2 is the only place I know to get them.
I do have sp2. My coworker hooked it up to his machine and it seems to work (for the moment)......ha ha life was much easier when we only had our crappy Canon camcorder. Well thanks for all your help Jerry, I think i will start posting here more as it seems to be a good resource and bunch of people.
Old October 13th, 2005, 10:29 AM   #9
Major Player

Well as I have been of no help at all to you --- One last shot in the dark. Do you havePP 1.5.1 installed? That may help also. Good luck.
Jerry Porter is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1