Capturing Problem at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old October 13th, 2005, 02:52 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Capturing Problem

I've seen tons and tons of threads about capturing the native HDV off the FX1. I used Vegas for my first little video and it captured it as an .avi. I want to capture the native .m2t file. I wanted to do this through CapDVHS or VLC but cannot figure out how to do it in either program. I can't find any explanation of this in the forum nor a help file. CapDVHS gives me a "Error: Cannot connect Sample Grabber." Can someone help me?

-Thanks - Ben Bixby
Ben Bixby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2005, 09:37 PM   #2
Sponsor: VASST

I have not used CapDVHS or VLC so I can’t help there.

What version of Vegas are you using? If you are using Vegas 6.0 then you need to select the internal HD capture utility from File > Capture menu. If you are using Vegas 5 then you can use ConnectHD from CineForm.

In either case your FX1 must be set to send HD over firewire. If you captured an AVI file, it sounds like you have your FX1 set to DV downconvert mode. You need to turn this off.

On the FX1 use: MENU -> IN/OUT REC -> I.LINK CONV = OFF

Then plug your FX1 into your PC. That should make CapDVHS and VLC recognize the camera as HD instead of DV/SD.

~jr
Old October 13th, 2005, 10:12 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Worked! Thanks

Wow, after i captured it with my Vegas 6 software and went in and watched it, you can totally tell the difference. Thanks for the help! It's greatly appreciated. I'll have to upload some footage for some people to download, this FX1 is FXcellent.

-Thanks,
Ben Bixby
Ben Bixby is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1