My (very) first FX-1 footage - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old October 19th, 2005, 07:49 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Thanksss!

I'll grab the ConnectHD demo for Vegas. Thanks guys for the help, perhaps their is hope for me. :)
Jesse Stipek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2005, 09:11 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Just wanted to comment on the footage itself. It was marvellous. The shots of the morning mist were actually breathtaking. What kind of living do you make with wildlife photography? I don't mean money, I mean, what do you shoot mostly? Who pays you for it? It seems very interesting.
Mitchell Stookey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2005, 07:40 AM   #18
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Stipek
I'll grab the ConnectHD demo for Vegas. Thanks guys for the help, perhaps their is hope for me. :)
The only thing I've found on my 2.6 is that it takes forever to render. But it's worth it.
Robert Kirkpatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2005, 09:51 AM   #19
Wrangler

if you're interested in wildlife/outdoor videography, mitchell, you should check out this link:

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=36868

to answer your question, i don't yet make money specifically doing wildlife/outdoor stuff yet. but i am working on a commercial for a finance company which wants a lot of outdoor images. and a music video for a band that wants a lot of outdoor/moutain stuff. most of my stuff has nature as its background. it's more about incorporating these images into other projects than being a wildlife videographer, exactly. but the wildlife/outdoor stuff is my real passion and it always finds its way into whatever i do. but for the serious travel required to be a wildlife videographer a la discovery channel, my wings are clipped until my young daughter is raised.
Meryem Ersoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2005, 12:34 PM   #20
Major Player

I am downloading this as I speak err type :) . I have no doubt that its going to look excellent.

On the whole issue of editing with HDV, I've edited/experimented (Vegas) with HDV and my OLD PC which is a very modest 2GHZ AMD and its not really that bad, OK its not real time, and the preview is alwas SD, ok so most of the stuff is rendered out to SD But, I can see that if I was going to render out to HD then I may have to say goodbuy to my dear old PC.

P.S What 35mm adaptor are you using for your XL2? P+S technick? homemade? M2? G35?

And have you planned on using any 35mm adaptors on your FX1 because, I've seen some amazing results from the FX1 with 35mm combos!!

Anhar
Old October 21st, 2005, 02:03 PM   #21
Wrangler

hi anhar: when i refer to using 35mm lenses with my XL2, it is the telephoto variety, which require canon's EF adapter to mount them on the XL2 body (although i think quyen makes a knock-off of these adapters, too). i'm not using one of those ground-glass-spinning, rail-mounting thingiemajiggers, which are used in the studio for close-in work.

with outdoor video, you can get a nice shallow DOF simply by using a full zoom close-up on an object (like the shot of the lizard). no additional adapter required.

besides, i'm one of those people who prefers to use shallow DOF selectively, not in every shot. a little bit here and there is nice, but overuse of any technique strips away the impact of its effect.
Old October 27th, 2005, 11:41 PM   #22
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meryem Ersoz
if you're interested in wildlife/outdoor videography, mitchell, you should check out this link:

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=36868

i am working on a commercial for a finance company which wants a lot of outdoor images. and a music video for a band that wants a lot of outdoor/moutain stuff. .
Maybe you'd like to submit your work to www.HDVawards.org
Alex Raskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2005, 02:35 PM   #23
Regular Crew

Meryem:

you do know this link is dead, right?
Michael OKeefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2005, 03:27 PM   #24
Wrangler

it lives!!

i just loaded it up, michael, and it worked fine. also a few other folks have loaded it in the past couple of days, since someone started a discussion on motion artifacting (which i was testing for, specifically, in this footage....), so i know it is not dead. it may be rather sleepy, though!

coupla things: ourmedia.org servers can be sloooooow (but free!), so you have to be very patient loading this file. as in, load it up and then go do your laundry or something. also, it's only available if you have QT 7 h.264 capabilities. also, i believe ourmedia is going through a server upgrade, so the service may be a bit rough for the next few days. you might want to try again later. lastly, you can try this link directly off the blog page, it may load faster, i'm not sure. just click on the title "utah and colorado."

http://www.ourmedia.org/user/25351

hope this helps....
Old December 20th, 2005, 03:50 PM   #25
Regular Crew

oops, sorry about that. I tried it twice, and it gave me the "you are not authorized to view this" screen. Then, I tried it again just now, and it worked. Weird. But, I guess that shows me to wait a little while and try it again, next time.
Michael OKeefe is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1