z1 xlr/video out part brakes off! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old October 29th, 2005, 08:59 AM   #1
Regular Crew

z1 xlr/video out part brakes off!

did anyone have this experience with a z1 as well? The xlr box / video output of the sony z1 broke of during a shoot.
When i called supreme support a guy at sony said " Yeah we 've had several of those" but supreme support does not cover the cost for repair.
I had to contact local sony office. They are going to charge a lot of money for repairing it.....
Since the guy first said they had several of those it sounds to me that it in fact is a weakness in the construction that is not strong enough for bumps to the xlr connectors.......anyone have comment on all this?
who had the same problem with the xlr box...?
Jane Snijders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2005, 10:13 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Someone at VU had to send 1 of his in for the same break.
Colvin Eccleston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2005, 10:34 AM   #3
Wrangler

That's not good! I removed the microphone holder from my Z1 since I don't ever plan to use it. It looked like an accident waiting to happen - would be easy to break the LCD screen by hitting it.
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2005, 06:08 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colvin Eccleston
Someone at VU had to send 1 of his in for the same break.
it seems to me that repair of this problem should be paid by sony....or am i mistakin'?

boyd: i think you are talking about the micorphone holder.
BUt i meant the small 2 xlr connector unit that also houses the video outputs. This is the part that broke off.
Jane Snijders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2005, 08:35 AM   #5
Wrangler

Yes, I'm talking about the microphone holder... and you're talking about the XLR box. I was just pointing out that the mike holder is another way that the Z1 might be damaged. I haven't yet used the XLR connectors on my Z1, but starting on Tuesday I will be using them with an audio feed to record some performances, so I hope I don't have the same problem! :-0
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1