HVR Z1U analog video output display at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old November 20th, 2005, 05:01 PM   #1
Tourist

HVR Z1U analog video output display

While shooting out to a separate CRT monitor so that a director could watch the 16:9 & 4:3 safe marks and time code, but when I go into the menu: OTHERS> DISP OUTPUT> V-OUT/PANEL the safe marker and TC display flashes on for just a split second in my CRT monitor and then disappears.

When I press "status check" it only displays the other status pages on the analog video output. Is there some way to keep the entire "lcd viewfinder" display up on the analog video output? I guess maybe they intended this to be a clean analog video output for separate recording.
Drew Kreisler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2005, 10:41 PM   #2
Major Player

I believe it's on your remote that you can change this setting. I know for a fact that you can make all the guides and info show up on a TV so try the display button on the remote.
Old November 21st, 2005, 06:10 AM   #3
Tourist

Tried it on the remote and the top display button and neither works except for a brief flash of it when you turn the "status check" off.
Drew Kreisler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2005, 06:40 PM   #4
Major Player

will not show if the output is set at 1080i and you are using COMPONENT out.

- shannonrawls.com

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1