Questions RE: Sony NPF-970 Li-Ion Battery at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old January 7th, 2006, 07:25 AM   #1
Major Player

Questions RE: Sony NPF-970 Li-Ion Battery

Hello all,

Having read the posts about after market batteries, I've decided I will go with one of the Sony NPF-970s over the MI L series for half the price, but I don't know anything about batteries in general so I have a couple of questions that I'm hoping others may be able to answer:

(I'll be using a Z1P)

1. I've read this: "Provides superfast recharging (when using the AC-V700A)"
a: What do they mean by "superfast"?
b: Is the AC-V700A the charger that comes with the Z1 or is it another one I should consider purchasing?
c: If the VC-700A is NOT the charger that comes with the Z1, how long does the battery take to charge on the standard issue charger?
2. Is it bad to charge them half way and then use them?
3. Do they really last as long as the advertising would have you believe (15 hours!!!)?
4. How long does the standard issue battery last?
5. How long does the standard issue battery take to charge when using the standard issue charger?

Thanks everyone,
-- John.
John Hewat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2006, 03:31 PM   #2
Regular Crew

I have a 950 or 970 and it lasts all day on my Z1. Heck, it lasted for a three week holiday on my TRV900, where I got through two or three hours of tape... I didn't even bother taking the charger with me, and it was still half-full when I got back.

The charger that came with my Z1 is a VQ850. Doesn't take too long to charge, but it's not what I'd call 'super fast'.

As for the standard battery, I've never used it, but it's tiny so I wouldn't expect to get more than an hour out of it.
Mark Grant is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1