Pixelating after Capture at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old January 8th, 2006, 01:29 PM   #1
Tourist

Pixelating after Capture

1st test of FX-1 bought this week capturing video in hdv of exterior and interior of building damage from in sunlight. Just slow panning and walking with the camera and minor zooming in and out.

Captured using vlc (videolan) on new 2.2 gig, 1gig ram, 250 hd in m2t

Most of the zoom and some of the pan breaks apart and corrects itself, breaks apart and corrects itself.

Bought this camera to shoot high school sport events at night - soccer, football.

Bought the citidisk hd but haven't tried it yet.

Anything I need to try different to elimated pixelating using vlc?

Thanks
Donny Haight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2006, 01:54 PM   #2
Trustee

"on new 2.2 gig, 1gig ram, 250 hd in m2t"

When you say 2.2 gig, do you mean a 2.2GHz processor? What kind of processor? If it is a Pentium 4 or Celeron, it is probably too slow. Only the newer chips that do more per clock cycle and/or have dual cores can process that much MPEG2 video data smoothly at such a clock speed.

List some more specifications. Are you using the open-source VLC media to capture and playback? Do you have any other capture software?
Marcus Marchesseault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2006, 02:27 PM   #3
Tourist

2ghz amd dual core without updating

Basically, since I had to buy another cpu for the office and thought I would try one off the shelf..........and experiment with it to see if I could get away with it for capturing the hdv using the open source vlc. I haven't purchased any other software but will buy whatever it takes.

I had the idea of capturing to tape in hdv and capturing to the citidisk in dv at the same time. After discovering the vlc and womble solution thought I would give a shot at the native m2t.

Still waiting on the citidisk.

1) So you think a faster cpu would fix the pixelating?
2) Do you think different software would help with the same PC?

Thanks
Donny Haight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2006, 07:41 PM   #4
Regular Crew

VLC plays HDV fine on a 3GHz P4, so I'd expect it to have a good chance of doing the same on a 2.2GHz.

You may be talking about interlace artifacts on pans. Set VLC to deinterlace the footage on playback and that will go away: 'bob' is probably the best choice.
Mark Grant is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1