New footage! Stills from FX1e film. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old January 24th, 2006, 06:10 PM   #1
Regular Crew

New footage! Stills from FX1e film.

We finally got to film our first scene for my company's (Duality|Production’s) first feature film! It was a relatively big setup as we were filming at night in a bush. A set had to be made and over 3500watts of lighting was used. I have put some stills up on my site for you to look at and comment on. We are undergoing something unusual on the film (In a Single Moment) as we are shooting a short film and feature simultaneously. This was decided as we have been invited to participate in a NZ film festival for short films (under 7mins). Luckily due to the artistic nature, dreamlike themes and open structure, we have been able to select a handful of scenes from the feature to film first and cut into a short in time for the festival. Any comments about the footage or questions would be great!

Stills are at; www.inasinglemoment.com (under footage)

I hope to have some HD video up soon for your critique!
Old January 25th, 2006, 04:04 AM   #2
Major Player

Those are some pretty nice stills. What's your post workflow going to be on this when you're done. What are looking to do with the film when it's complete?

These are really nice, clean stills, just how I like them manipulatable in post. I'm not a big fan of your 6th picture, I don't like too much diffusion too much dream effect I think that should be toned down a little.
Evan C. King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2006, 05:10 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Yeah, I defiantly would not go that far with image 6 for the final out. It is too extreme, especially the faces. Well, I am doing everything for film-out as the top spots in the short film competition get transferred to 35mm by Park Road Post (Peter Jackson's post company). As for the feature, it will also be prepped for film but will be delivered on HDCAM/DVCproHD/D5 for festivals. At the moment the post workflow is Cineform HDLink>1440x1080 50i Cineform PP1.51 project>Edit>Any slow-mo will be processed through DVFilm then back to project>Grading>DVFilm 25p>24p>Tape/film out
Old January 30th, 2006, 05:19 AM   #4
Regular Crew

New stills for scene 2 & 4 are up at www.inasinglemoment.com
Note the shallow dof in image one, the camera was only at about 2 or 3x zoom! I sure was supprised and impressed for not having to have the camera at 10x and pushed through to the next room!

Let me know.
Old January 31st, 2006, 01:33 AM   #5
Major Player

This batch looks good but look noisier than the first. And also looks like it has this slight "veil" over some of it. But I'm sure cc could bring them back.
Old January 31st, 2006, 02:04 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Yeah, I think we may have had to go into positive gain for some of it. What is the "veil" or veiled image? Are you talking about clarity? Thanks for your comments.

Just a side note to people interested; I will have a few diy guides on my site soon for you starving indie's. Crane, dolly, barndoors, umm box thing that makes fog/dry ice stick to the ground... Another form at another time...
Old February 1st, 2006, 07:11 AM   #7
Major Player

By viel I mean a kind of invisible cloud of diffusion over the whole image. At least to me, kind of smokey like. I found this when I had a dvx and turned the master ped to +3 for example. But yours just might be a result of the gain.
Old February 5th, 2006, 04:51 AM   #8
Regular Crew

New stills from 1 & 2 are up. I have been having problems uploading the images though. Now that I finally have them up, they have magically resized to some strange resolution 600x338??? I will try to fix this asap. Have a good night/day you lot - where ever you are.

Ainslie Davies is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1