horizontal lines in footage at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old February 5th, 2006, 07:39 PM   #1
Major Player

horizontal lines in footage

I dont think its a problem with capture but think its something to do with my software setup? I captured some HDV tapes 1080i 50 saved them on my NAS drive then reinstalled Windows.

Now when I reply the video I get horizontal lines through my footage and cant work out why?

http://www.dangly.co.uk/images/lines.JPG

Picture

EDIT

So im Deinterlace the footage now.. I'll see how it comes out :)

All sorted:

http://www.dangly.co.uk/images/nolines.jpg

Does this mean I have to do 2 versions of my video if I do a DVD and then just PC version?

Last edited by David Dwyer; February 6th, 2006 at 04:06 AM.
David Dwyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2006, 05:07 PM   #2
Sponsor: VASST

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Dwyer
Does this mean I have to do 2 versions of my video if I do a DVD and then just PC version?
Actually, you can just to a progressive (deinterlaced) version and the DVD player will add the interlacing on-the-fly. So you can get away with just doing a PC version and use that for the DVD too. Of course you will be throwing away vertical resolution so you really should do two versions if you want the best quality DVD.

~jr

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1