What do you use the Z1 for? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old February 7th, 2006, 06:25 AM   #1
Major Player

What do you use the Z1 for?

Just a quick question....

I recently got work with a small company that wants to do documentary research. Something along the lines of the interview style Outfoxed had.

I was thinking that the Z1 would be great for that kind of work. And since i'm buying my oen HD100, the company can buy a Z1 and we can shoot the same footage and have something in interlaced and progressive.

So what would you use your Z1 for? Is doco work perfect for the camera? Or am I better off with say a, A1, or the new HD Cannon? The company is planning on getting the Z1, but I'm here to get a few opinions before any money gets spent. I'm putting a few hundred towards the camera too... Otherwise, I'll stick with my (yet to be delivered) HD100.
Leo Pepingco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2006, 06:47 AM   #2
Major Player

The ZI woulod be great for interview based documentary stuff.

Its In terms of ow light sensitivity , it's rather slow, compared to most SD cameras, and the rather short lens might limit it's application in other regards.
Dylan Pank is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1