What to buy with the FX1? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old March 28th, 2006, 02:56 PM   #1
New Boot

What to buy with the FX1?

Hi Everyone,
I have surfed most of the resent threads and could not really find a conclusive answer so I am going to ask, what other accessories/ equipment should (need?) be purchase with the FX1 camera.
I am looking for the best bang for the buck (ie best performance vs $$$ cost, etc). I am mostly going for shooting dog agility (indoors) and then just general playing around with the equipment (at least for now). Just to clarify, I am new to video. I would assume (at a minimum) that I need the following:
FX1 -- duh :-)
Tripod
Tapes
Extra Batteries
External charger
Microphone
Editing Software
PC (I have that covered)
Am I missing anything? Please feel free to add additional equipment.
So I am looking for recommendations on what (Brands/Models) to purchase to get the best value/performance for each item and why.
Ps I am hoping this will generate a lot of discussion, as well as educate me (and others) further on what is needed and what advantage each item provides.
Thanks in advance
David Atek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2006, 02:59 PM   #2
Major Player

For a good microphone input you need something like a beachteck adapter, since the FX1 only comes with unbalanced RCA inputs. It works with it, but it can be better.
Vincent Rozenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2006, 07:58 PM   #3
DVi Contributor

a good UV clear filter to protect the front element. maybe a good pola if shooting outdoors.
Craig Chartier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2006, 08:29 PM   #4
Major Player

One of my best additions was $400 for a Britek light kit off ebay.
Dick Mays is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1