Thanks at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old May 18th, 2006, 07:48 PM   #1
Inner Circle

Thanks

Thanks for the help in choosing my camera. My Z1u arrived today, along with the fig rig, PAG light, tripod, batteries etc.

So far I am very impressed with it. I unfortunatley had to purchase without trying it out, or even seeing one live, but I think it'll work out.

So thanks for everyone's input. It came just in time as I have a beachside wedding in a couple of weeks. I plan to rock the beach with this thing.

And to the guys at EVS, I do wish I could have gotten everything there. Thanks Ramsey.

Steven Davis.
Old May 18th, 2006, 09:10 PM   #2
Rextilleon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Davis
Thanks for the help in choosing my camera. My Z1u arrived today, along with the fig rig, PAG light, tripod, batteries etc.

So far I am very impressed with it. I unfortunatley had to purchase without trying it out, or even seeing one live, but I think it'll work out.

So thanks for everyone's input. It came just in time as I have a beachside wedding in a couple of weeks. I plan to rock the beach with this thing.

And to the guys at EVS, I do wish I could have gotten everything there. Thanks Ramsey.

Steven Davis.

I got one today too!!!!!!! Went out back shot some HDV and projected on my Samsung TV----just gorgeous---Now to figure out how to edit it. Did yours come with an Ilink cable that would allow you to attach your camera to a standard 6 firewire port?
Red #97
David Mintzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2006, 09:16 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Mintzer
I got one today too!!!!!!! Went out back shot some HDV and projected on my Samsung TV----just gorgeous---Now to figure out how to edit it. Did yours come with an Ilink cable that would allow you to attach your camera to a standard 6 firewire port?

Hehe, I didn't really look, I'll have to. I had so much to look at.
Old May 19th, 2006, 07:28 AM   #4
Wrangler

Congratulations on the new camera guys! I don't think the package includes a firewire cable, but that should be inexpensive and available at all the "big box" type stores.
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2006, 08:12 AM   #5
Major Player

The Firewire cable shouldnt cost more than 20 US. (Its 30 AUD so you can probably get it for less than 15 US)

And congrats. I have an Fx1 and I cry envy.

As for HDV, I'm getting by with a VERY grunty computer and Prem Pro 2.... Thats it... base m2t files and then putting it back to tape...

I have no clue how to get it on DVD, or something.... oh well.. Maybe the editing threads will have something on it... I havent checked myself... I'll do so when I get the time...

Congrats anyways
Leo Pepingco is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1