Dust in my lens at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old August 25th, 2006, 08:21 AM   #1
Tourist

Dust in my lens

I have a HVR Z1, I was shooting in the Amazon Jungle a little dust get inside the lens. i could not shoot against the sun without seeing a spot. I took the camera for cleaning and they told me I have to change the whole lens..is that possible?
Margarita Morales Macedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2006, 01:01 AM   #2
New Boot

In a word, yes. I've had dust get in my professional lenses but at least they can be serviced. The lens on the Sony may not be serviceable and therefore must simply be replaced. Others might know better.
Tom Tanquary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2006, 07:38 AM   #3
Wrangler

Unfortunately I think it's true that the lens is a sealed unit which can't be serviced. This was discussed in a similar thread recently. See these photos which show the lens as a separate self-contained module:

http://www.camcorderservice.nl/sony_fx1.htm

But since it is sealed, I wonder how the dust got inside?
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1