Z1U switches off when 523 PRO connected at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old September 3rd, 2006, 11:45 AM   #1
Inner Circle

Z1U switches off when 523 PRO connected

I just got a Z1U and a bunch of other stuff from B&H, a Bogen/Manfrotto 523 Pro LANC controller among other things. The camera works fine, but if I turn it on with the LANC controller connected, it swithes righ back off.

Anyone experienced this? I don't see anything in the menu to turn on the controller; and it seems like the controller itself is good - I just connected it to my old Sony TRV-330 and it works fine.

Thanks,

Last edited by Ervin Farkas; September 3rd, 2006 at 12:26 PM.
Ervin Farkas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2006, 06:13 AM   #2
Major Player

Ervin,

I have an identical set-up and the 523 Pro works very well with the Z1. I am presuming that you have pushed the on button on the 523 as well (top left of controller). Silly question I know, but I have done it once or twice.

The on/off button on the 523 acts as the master on/off switch with the Z1 - so if the 523 is connected and you switch it to off (even if the Z1 is switched on) - the Z1 stays off.

Hope this helps.
Old September 5th, 2006, 07:11 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Please clarify

Graeme, are you telling me that I have to leave the master switch off and just power up the camera from the LANC controller?

This is how I tried: connected the controller, then switched the master switch on the camera to "Camera". At this point the camera comes on, I get a blue screen for a couple of seconds, then it powers down. I tried to do the same on my old TRV330 and it stays on...

Please clarify... thanks,
Old September 6th, 2006, 04:00 AM   #4
Major Player

Ervin,

No you have done it all correct - connect 523, switch on Z1 at master switch, then push the on button on the 523 - should power up and have full control of Z1, but if you switch the 523 off it will shut down the Z1 even if the Z1 master controller is on. You then disconnect the controller, but the Z1 will stay off until you switch on and off again. If this doesn't happen could be a problem with either the Z1 lanc or the 523.

Hope this helps,

Graeme
Old September 27th, 2006, 09:57 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Problem solved

I have returned the camera to B$H and the new one works fine with the remote - so the camera was defective.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1