What does Cineframe 30 do? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old November 10th, 2006, 04:37 PM   #1
Regular Crew

What does Cineframe 30 do?

What does the cineframe 30 and cineframe 24 actually do in the Z1? As far as I can tell interlacing is still visible. I know it doesn’t make it progressive but I imagined it would at least deinterlace it within the camera. I can’t tell a difference between shooting regular 60i and cineframe 30 or cineframe 24.
Alan James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2006, 05:14 PM   #2
Wrangler

See Adam Wilt's article about the Cineframe modes here:

http://www.adamwilt.com/HDV/cineframe.html
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2006, 11:23 PM   #3
MPS Digital Studios

Boyd, you beat me to it. Adam Wilt is great and knows his stuff.

To me, CF30 looks like 30p, and if very similar to it. If I'm shooting a film on the Z1, I like to shoot in 50i with CineFrame 25 turned on (Graeme Nattress of www.nattress.com helped me with that decision) and then I do my conversions to 23.98 fps without having to de-interlace (even though Nattress' de-interlacers are great little plug-ins).

(Of course, that takes quite a while to do, going from 25 fps to 23.98 fps, which is why I'm so psyched about the V1u--native 24p!)

heath

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1