Playing m2t files from Windows desktop ? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old February 3rd, 2007, 04:06 AM   #1
Inner Circle

Playing m2t files from Windows desktop ?

Hi,

I'd like to play Sony Z1U m2t files by clicking on the file and running a program. Windows Media player plays Sony Z1 files with a fuzzy deinterlace but doesn't display at the proper aspect ratio. A program called VLC media player displays the video with the proper aspect ratio but doesn't deinterlace. I have an AMD Athlon 64 4600+ X2 (dual core) and a GeForce 6200 nVidia graphics card. HDV seems to take most of the dual core processing power, but the deinterlacing should be done with the video card. Hmmmm.

What do you use for full HDV viewing ?
Gints Klimanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2007, 05:04 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Vlc media player does deinterlacing,but every time,if u play file, u must turn it on through drop-down menu...
Raul Rooma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2007, 06:15 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Thanks for the tip on switching the interlace options. The switch worked, but my machine was nearly maxed out with the additional processing.

As for video card support, check out nVidia's page on Pure Video :
http://www.nvidia.com/page/purevideo_support.html

I tried to upgrade my drivers to 93.71 to get those extra checkboxes for my 6200 system, but video playback just died. Hmmmm. So, I just went back to 84.21 .
Old February 3rd, 2007, 09:07 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Try Media Player Classic, just Google it - it's a sweet small application will automatically deinterlace your m2t files... and you don't even need to install it on your PC, will play from any folder.
Old February 4th, 2007, 07:00 PM   #5
Trustee

Just download DIVX and you’ll be in Heaven just as long as you don’t have any bad codecs in your computer.
http://www.divx.com/

I have a P4 with a 128MB video card and 512MB of RAM and HDV files using DIVX plays beautifully.
Paulo Teixeira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2007, 08:17 PM   #6
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gints Klimanis
As for video card support, check out nVidia's page on Pure Video :
http://www.nvidia.com/page/purevideo_support.html
I’ve wanted to update my device drives for a while now and never gave myself a chance. Because you just reminded me, I just did. My computer plays back AVCHD files better now.
Thanks!
Paulo Teixeira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2007, 08:31 AM   #7

Personally, I like Zoomplayer. ZP will let you use whatever codecs you want in your decoding stream. It will also download and install open source codecs and splitters if you choose. Some of the open source codecs are better than the proprietary ones. At any rate, ZP is infinately adjustable and flexible.
Bill Ravens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2007, 02:14 PM   #8
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ervin Farkas
Try Media Player Classic, just Google it - it's a sweet small application will automatically deinterlace your m2t files... and you don't even need to install it on your PC, will play from any folder.
Nice ! I started using that, and it's quick to launch and load video files. Are you able to view HDV files smoothly at nearly full screen? I tried a number of the video settings, and none seemed to reduce the CPU burden by much. I'm running an AMD 4600+ dual core system with an AGP nVidia 6200 graphics card.

Last edited by Gints Klimanis; February 6th, 2007 at 11:06 AM.
Old February 6th, 2007, 06:53 AM   #9
Inner Circle

Yes Gint, I can watch full screen HDV files on this PC here at work (3 GHz/1 GB) with CPU load around 30%. Even my old home desktop (1.6 GHz/2 GB) will play HD using just a little more load.
Old February 10th, 2007, 02:08 AM   #10
Inner Circle

Ervin,

What is the screen resolution of your PC's ?

I had trouble playing full screen HDV on my AMD X2 4600+ dual core , but now I realize that this 1600x1200 display was driven from a *PCI* card. I have two separate cards in the system, AGP and PCI, so that I can have true color management on both monitors. I don't want to go back to test all possible configurations. My secondary LCD (1280x1024)

I bought a BFG GeForce 7800 GS AGP card to drive the 1600x1200 display. It plays the M2T and 1080p files smoothly, even when full screen. Also, the CPU usage for full screen is between 30-40%, mostly in the low 30's. This gfx card sound like a small vacuum cleaner.

Anyway, I'm happy with my system now, though I can no longer drag video onto the send display without the system just slowing down to a crawl.
Old February 10th, 2007, 11:50 AM   #11
Major Player

Yeah Media Player Classic is by far the best player for PC's.

Direct link:
http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail...P/1045531002/1
Gene Crucean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2007, 03:32 PM   #12
Inner Circle

Ervin, what is the screen resolution of your PC's?

Gint, I am using MPlayer Classic on three different computers, two of them are desktops at 1024x768 and a laptop at 1200x1024 - they all play just fine. There seem to be a slight size issue as the right hand side of the player goes a little further than the right side of the monitor when playing full size HD images (1920x1080) but if I resize to 50%, everything looks fine.
Old February 12th, 2007, 04:49 PM   #13
Inner Circle

Thanks, Ervin. Ok, I feel a little better now. The machine on the other side of the fence always seems greener ... The 1024x786 desktops are closer to 1/4 HD resolution, so we really can't count that as true HD playback.
Old February 12th, 2007, 08:52 PM   #14
Trustee

>> The 1024x786 desktops are closer to 1/4 HD resolution

Oh boy....

I'm going to restrain myself and not even start on that statement, except to point out that they are not..ahem...interlaced, you know.
Graham Hickling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2007, 10:24 PM   #15
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gints Klimanis
Thanks, Ervin. Ok, I feel a little better now. The machine on the other side of the fence always seems greener ... The 1024x786 desktops are closer to 1/4 HD resolution, so we really can't count that as true HD playback.
I have recently purchased a "true" HD 1920x1080 Mitsubishi LCD monitor (37 inches diagonal, HDMI and VGA inputs) but I don't yet have a video card to drive that puppy. So yes, I am not watching HD at full resolution yet.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1