Adjusting a monitor screen at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1

Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CCD HDV camcorder.

Old February 13th, 2007, 07:39 AM   #1
Trustee

Adjusting a monitor screen

Can anyone tell me some URLs dealing with monitor screen setup for video work?

I don't seem to find the files I had on that.
Carlos E. Martinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2007, 09:42 AM   #2
Wrangler

Hi Carlos! Does this help?

http://www.videouniversity.com/tvbars2.htm
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2007, 10:09 AM   #3
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyd Ostroff
Thanks, Boyd. That had been one of them.

This is another one:

http://www.cybercollege.com/montsetup.htm

What I wanted was to know of a better way to adjust the Z1 screen, but we don't have the necessary controls. On the bars it looks to me as if the yellow bar is rather greenish. To turn it really yellow you have to increase brightness.

That worries me a bit, even if apparently overexposure seems to be a worst thing in HDV, so my stop adjustment with a brighter screen might make images darker.

I am trying to find a way to use an external screen I have to put it over the Z1, on the hot shoe, which might help me be a bit more accurate.

The best thing, contrary probably to many opinions, might be to get back to a light meter to do things better. I have both an incident and a spot meter, which would certainly be replaceable by a waveform screen, but one thing that might unpractical prove in most doc situations.

We'll see.

Has anyone reached an ASA value equivalent for the Z1 or FX1, as it had been the case with the PD150?
Carlos E. Martinez is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z1 / HDR-FX1