FX1000 Sample Clips - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old February 6th, 2009, 06:30 AM   #16
Trustee

Wacharapong, everything was interlaced (60i), both HDV and SD. We didn't use any of the progressive modes since neither of us is a big fan of that look.
Ken Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2009, 12:27 AM   #17
Regular Crew

Circle Nerdz Performing at WSU 2/9/09 Angle 1 - FX1000 on Vimeo
This is a video I did in a very dark place. You can see the how well the picture turns out in the lit up area, but you do see a lot of noise in the darker areas.
FX1000, set to auto mode.
Old February 9th, 2009, 11:07 AM   #18
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Haasman View Post
Circle Nerdz Performing at WSU 2/9/09 Angle 1 - FX1000 on Vimeo
This is a video I did in a very dark place. You can see the how well the picture turns out in the lit up area, but you do see a lot of noise in the darker areas.
First rule of getting great video...Get off of auto!
You will get much better video by learning to how to use your cameras manual controls.

This way you can adjust your exposure and gain separately maintain better blacks this way. Auto will always boost your gain way too high in dim lighting situations. Even more, there are settings in your FX1000, such as black stretch and knee settings which can also enhance your image in very bright or very dim shooting environments.

Rule #2 for getting great video.
Use lighting when possible. Video and photography needs light. Either use on camera lighting for some added fill, or off camera lighting, preferred, which will enhance your image and give it some depth.

Don't mean to come across harsh, but if anyone is going to do a fair test or comparison on how cameras operate, they should know how to run the camera and make the appropriate adjustments when needed.

BTW, the video doesn't look that bad. Hard to tell with the online compression of the video. But, overall the blacks don't look that bad.
Old February 15th, 2009, 01:06 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Sony Vegas Pro 8.0c and 24p

Be sure to click on the "watch in HD" just below the video on the right.
YouTube - RGB Bugs

This video was shot in 24p on a HDR-FX1000 with the following picture profile:

GAMMA: STANDARD
BLACK COMP: OFF
KNEE POINT: LOW (80%)
COLOR MODE: CINEMATONE 2
COLOR LEVEL: -7
COLOR PHASE: 0
COLOR DEPTH: -7
WB SHIFT: 0
SHARPNESS: -7
SKINTONE DETAIL: ON/LEVEL 1 no color select

I captured the footage in Sony Vegas Pro 8.0c on a 24p timeline. I've exported it to YouTube and to DVDA. I didn't do anything special or out of the ordinary to remove pulldown the way I had to do with my HV20.
Barron Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2009, 02:01 PM   #20
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Haasman View Post
The fx1000 will push the gain up to 21db in auto mode, unless you limit that in the menu.
On the other hand the fx1000 is much more noise free then a xh-a1, A comparison I have seen is that a xh-a1 produced the same amount of noise at 12db then a fx1000 at 21db.
This means that the image of a fx1000 is usable up to 18db and produces at that setting less grain then the canon at 12db gain.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2009, 07:49 PM   #21
New Boot

What the heck,,, here's mine

Tranquility on Vimeo
Rod Bourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2009, 07:03 AM   #22
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barron Thompson View Post
Be sure to click on the "watch in HD" just below the video on the right.
YouTube - RGB Bugs

This video was shot in 24p....blah blah blah
Originally, this video was to be an experiment with the picture profile settings (below) but has since turned out to be about audio. I was disatisfied with the built-in mic (go figure) and purchased a Zoom H2. There are three audio tracks being compared; untouched out of the cam, retouched by the EQ track effect in Vegas, and the untouched Samson Zoom H2.

It's now redone and can be found here:

RGB Bugs on Vimeo
YouTube - RGB Bugs
Old February 20th, 2009, 09:45 AM   #23
Inner Circle

Dissatisfied with the audio...hmmm, I am surprised you didn't get a shotgun. The Zoom is nice (I have one) but will not stay in sync for more than a few minutes, and the quality is inferior to say the Rode Videomic which can be had for around $150. Offboard audio just seems drastic.

I'm sure the Zoom will work out, and you probably must have some specific purpose in mind that a shotgun cannot fulfill...so good luck with it.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2009, 09:51 AM   #24
Regular Crew

Well, if the H2 turns out to be more trouble than it's worth as far a syncing is concerned, I'll have to look at a shotgun. The H2 can always be used to catch ambient/background sounds to add to a library. The H2 is just too inexpensive and too good not to give it a shot.
Oh yeah, I forgot. It's also my usb voice over mic. Way cool!
Old February 20th, 2009, 09:55 AM   #25
Inner Circle

If you're a hobbyist, it shouldn't matter much. I shoot weddings and many run an hour, so I gave up using the Zoom after using it once for a full mass. Didn't realize sync issues involved when I bought it. Quality wise it's a great little recorder, but it sits in my case gathering dust. BTW, in case you didn't know you can buy a label mic for the Zoom at Radiio Shack for $20. It's not FOR the Zoom but it has the correct plug on it.
Old February 20th, 2009, 10:23 AM   #26
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Harper View Post
so I gave up using the Zoom after using it once for a full mass. Didn't realize sync issues involved when I bought it.
Zoom recorders are known for their sync issue but that can be solved really easy, just look here: My Video Problems :: View topic - Synchronise external and camera audio tracks.

You only need to determine the percentage that's it's out of sync once, after that a one hour audio file is corrected within minutes. I use my zoom h4 with every wedding, for me it's ideal when there is a group performing live in a church or to place on a tripod close to a loudspeaker. As said before, once I transfer the audio files to my pc and let audacity do it's thing, I"m editing them after a few minutes with no sync issues at all.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2009, 10:29 AM   #27
Inner Circle

Thanks, Noa. I've seen the article, but not interested in using that method, as simple as it is advertised to be, it is more effort than I want to invest. I keep a camera down front with a shotgun on it that picks up most everything pretty well. Great idea though.
Old February 20th, 2009, 03:29 PM   #28
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noa Put View Post
You only need to determine the percentage that's it's out of sync once,
Just did the test (over a 30 minute time period) and I'm out by 100.2%
So all that has to be done in Vegas is match up the beginning point between the cam audio track and the H2 and Control-drag the H2 audio track (which is faster) backward until I see 100.2% in the little box. Simple.
Thank-you Noa!
Old February 21st, 2009, 09:49 PM   #29
New Boot

This isn't my clip, but it's one of my favorites shot with the FX1000.

Fall in Nova Huta on Vimeo
Roy Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2009, 11:02 PM   #30
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Gates View Post
This isn't my clip, but it's one of my favorites shot with the FX1000.

Fall in Nova Huta on Vimeo
funny you mentioned this link - it's my home town in Poland :-) Nice sample indeed.
Lukas Siewior is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000