Looking for FX1000 tapeless solution. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000

Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old April 8th, 2009, 02:23 PM   #1
Tourist

Looking for FX1000 tapeless solution.

I have just bought the Sony FX1000E does anyone know of a tapeless solution for video capture that works eg. HVR MRC1 or a Focus FS4 or have I made a big mistake in not going for the Z5.

Thanks in advance MikeA.
Mike Arnison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2009, 02:28 PM   #2
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Arnison View Post
I have just bought the Sony FX1000E does anyone know of a tapeless solution for video capture that works eg. HVR MRC1 or a Focus FS4 or have I made a big mistake in not going for the Z5.

Thanks in advance MikeA.
Yes you have made a big mistake in not purchasing the Z5. but...you can still use the MRC1 with your FX1000. The unit comes with a bracket that con be mounted on the FX1000.

Stelios
Old April 8th, 2009, 03:05 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Don't rub it in Stelios!

I have said before I really regret not getting the Z5, but I was in too much of a hurry, it wasn't released soon enough.

It is really a bargain for what you get with it, a much better buy for a pro.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2009, 01:16 AM   #4
New Boot

What's So Much Better?

Aside from the native 24P, the XLR audio and the way the CF unit integrates into the camera, why would the Z5U be so much better.

I have a FX-1000 due here tomorrow.

Thanks,
Sam
Sam Striano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2009, 01:57 AM   #5
Tourist

Thanks for info

Hi, Stelios, thanks for the quick response to my question. I will now invest in the HVR MRC1 unit. If I had bought the Z5 I would have had to wait a bit longer.
Audio will be taken care of off camera so maybe not such a bad choice after all.
Good luck with you choice Sam.

Best regards MikeA.
Mike Arnison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2009, 05:37 AM   #6
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Striano View Post
Aside from the native 24P, the XLR audio and the way the CF unit integrates into the camera, why would the Z5U be so much better.

Thanks,
Sam
You just listed the major points Sam. For me the best part is the integration of the MRC1 unit into the camera.

Stelios
Old April 9th, 2009, 07:00 AM   #7
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Striano View Post

Thanks,
Sam
There is also shockless gain and WB adjustment. Means that the switches can be changed without an abrupt change in the picture being recorded. I think there are more setup options too.

Ron Evans
Ron Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2009, 10:01 AM   #8
Regular Crew

On a recent project, I shot with the Z7U and my FX1000 and the images in 24 progressive scan are competitive.

I still shoot on tape with all three of my SONY HDVs. I'm still skittish of the tapeless for my long form projects. It does not concern me that I'll loose something, but I just prefer to have the tape in my hand and in storage.

My buddy that has the Z7U shoots commercials with the tapeless unit on CF card and it works great. On a documentary recently, we shot on tape with both cameras. I just wanted tape!

I bought to the FX1000 because of cost and in November the Z5U was not available yet. The Z5U is probably my next camera, however, the HVX is very cheap right now, and the Z7U (that has detachable lens) is falling in price too. Note that the Z7U is sold with the CF card unit from what I can tell.
Jonathan W. Hickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2009, 06:27 PM   #9
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan W. Hickman View Post
I bought to the FX1000 because of cost
That's my situation too. I really wanted the Panny HMC150, as feature for feature, it's a better deal than the FX1000.

Last edited by D.R. Gates; April 10th, 2009 at 04:56 AM.
D.R. Gates is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000