25p with a FX1000? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old June 12th, 2009, 08:34 AM   #1
Major Player

25p with a FX1000?

What is the purpose of the possibily of the FX1000 to set the camera to 25p, when in the manual this possibility is followed by a remark, that the images are converted to 50i and saved to tape in that format?
Or is this only a useable feature, when you save the images directly to an Intensity card?
Jo Ouwejan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2009, 12:13 PM   #2
Regular Crew

the 50i is what people refer to as a container. When you transfer the footage from hdv tape to your computer, your editor or 3rd party software will remove the 25p footage from the container. This process is also refered to as pulldown.

So to answer your question, no, you don't need an itensity card or direct capture.
Ron Wilber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2009, 11:41 AM   #3
Major Player

Thanks for your reaction.
As I am not from an NTSC country, I am not familiar with "Pull down removal". I am using Vegas Pro 8; do I need to start a specific action or will Vegas do the pull down removal automaticaly, once I dragged a clip (or more) to the Timeline?
Old June 16th, 2009, 09:23 PM   #4
Regular Crew

hmm, I've never used 25p but I'm sure vegas will see it as 25 frames per second. My guess is that it will come in interlaced. You can render your video out in progressive(de-interlaced) in vegas. I don't think vegas can de-interlace it when you capture it. I use cineform to de-interalce all my footage before i bring it into vegas.
Ron Wilber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2009, 01:12 AM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Wilber View Post
I don't think vegas can de-interlace it when you capture it.
But shooting in 25p, would be de-interlaced, (because progressive) doe it not?
Old June 17th, 2009, 03:25 AM   #6
Regular Crew

the specs are misleading. Since it's put in the 50i container it becomes interlaced.
Ron Wilber is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000