Using the Z5 for depositions at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000

Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old June 23rd, 2009, 12:53 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Using the Z5 for depositions

Is anyone out there using the Z5 for recording video depositions?

As I understand it, any video camera used to record a deposition needs to have the ability to burn the full date and time onto a tape. Can the Sony Z5 do this? I'm doing research on filming depositions in my area (Dallas/Fort Worth...Texas) and would like to know if I can use my current gear.

Thanks all!
Old June 23rd, 2009, 05:38 PM   #2
Major Player

If I'm not mistaken, It's not the burning of the time & date as much as the continuous running time, along with the date, being put on the tape. The Pd-170 did it but I'm not sure about the Z5. I don't think it does but hopefully I'm wrong.
Rob Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2009, 10:13 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Found it!

To all of those who may come across this thread someday, Z5 indeed does. Go to the Menu, then others, and then down to date record. Careful, there is no way to take off the date and time once you turn it on. So be sure not to forget to turn it back off if you're going a wedding or something other than a deposition!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000