Has anyone used a Tele Lens Adaptor on a Z5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000

Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old February 18th, 2010, 05:43 PM   #1
Major Player

Has anyone used a Tele Lens Adaptor on a Z5

Has anyone used a tele lens on the Z5?
It would be awesome to see some image samples if you have some.

I imagine you might be able to get nearly 30x optical zoom with some amazing close ups and depth of field too in HD!
Silas Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2010, 09:04 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Well, no, it's still 20x. It starts more tele and ends more tele with the adapter, is all. A 2x adapter would just change the 29.5mm - 590mm to 59mm - 1180mm (in 35mm equivs), which is still 20x.
Old February 18th, 2010, 09:07 PM   #3
Major Player

Right, but from the orginal widest point to the new zoom point is more then 20x with the tele. I don't care what the zoom is, just how close in I can get.
Silas Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2010, 03:14 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Adam's right, except for the fact that all telephoto adapters I've seen have been non zoom-through. Or to be more accurate, partial zoom-through. So your 20x zoom would end up being a 5x zoom or thereabouts, and not 30x by any means.

tom.
Tom Hardwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2010, 04:13 PM   #5
Inner Circle

Good afternoon,

first, the term Teleadapter is not a proper definition. That would be an adapter to attach a telephoto lens.

A duplex, diopter or what have you just uniformly changes the folcal length as mentioned.

I have a century 2x (duplex) and it is definitely not fully zoom through. I dont think thats ahuge issue as even the zoom on the camera if you crank it fast the focus can't keep up.

Also, the extenders (another term for them) always soften the image the further out you get.

I seldom ever use it and always just work at being closer, always a better image.
Old March 25th, 2010, 05:01 PM   #6
Major Player

I figured out what I wanted to know, thanks.
This is an old thread.
Silas Barker is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000