Sony HDR FX1000 Shot Transitions at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old April 28th, 2010, 02:36 PM   #1
New Boot

Sony HDR FX1000 Shot Transitions

I am unable to assign Shot Transitions to buttons 4,5,6 according to the manual. When I go to assign button functions, the Shot Transitions option is not on the list.

When I press the button 4 repeatedly, as the manual suggests the shot transition options do not appear, so I guess they aren't set by default to shot transitions.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve Pustay
Horizon Video
Steven Pustay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2010, 03:00 PM   #2
Inner Circle

It's actually never in the regular list. IIRC, when you go to ASSIGN in the OTHERS menu, there should be an interrupt screen asking you if you want to use SHOT TRANS -- when you say yes, it should assign them to buttons 4, 5 and 6.

I won't be near my gear until tonight but if no one's come up with a better answer by then I'll circle back. All I can remember now is that it's a little tricky and not intuitive and not well-explained in the manual. The manual seems to imply it's on the screen where you select which button, rather than the next screen where you select the actual function.

EDIT: I was sort of right. It's been a while since I used an FX1000, but if it's the same as the Z5's menus, when you go to OTHERS > ASSIGN you should see ASSIGN 1 though ASSIGN 6. Don't select any of those; scroll down and you should see SHOT TRANSITION. Select that and it should ask you if you want to assign buttons 4 through 6 to the SHOT TRANSITION functions. Tell it yes and you should be good to go.

Last edited by Adam Gold; April 28th, 2010 at 11:17 PM.
Adam Gold is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000