Question about MRC1K at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000

Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old March 15th, 2014, 05:15 PM   #1
New Boot

Question about MRC1K

The manual for the Sony MRCK1 is very vague in many respects. Can someone tell me if there is a way to display on the screen of my Z5-U what is going on through the MRCK-1 (timecode, battery level etc.)? When I`m recording the only indications I`m seeing on the LCD screen are standby-record and time remaining on card in relation to what`s going to the MRCK-1. Thank you...
Denny Gulvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2014, 05:23 PM   #2
Inner Circle

re: Question about MRC1K

Yes, I believe that's pretty much all you can get. The rest is on the MRC. Although p 142 of your Z5 manual shows other indicators that will be lit when you have the MRC connected, such as the i.Link, CF and EXT REC CTRL indicators. The timecode should be the same on your MRC as on your Cam, and if the MRC is snapped to the back of your Z5 there is only one batt level to monitor, which is the one on your cam. If it's using the cradle for some reason, then it makes sense to have it on the MRC's screen.
Old March 15th, 2014, 06:06 PM   #3
Trustee

timecode, battery level etc.

they're on the display in the z5. what in particularly are you looking for?
Old March 16th, 2014, 06:33 AM   #4
New Boot

When running only the MRCK1 alone without tape, I do not have timecode registering on camera`s LCD. while shooting...
Old March 16th, 2014, 06:55 AM   #5
Trustee

ah, i've never noticed that - interesting and i should imagine annoying...

i always run tape even though i never use it - i like the instant archiving of raw material.
Old March 16th, 2014, 11:57 AM   #6
Inner Circle

It's showing on mine.

Of course, I always use Free Run, real time. It shows whether or not I am recording, whether or not there is a card inserted in the MRC.

It's the cam that generates all this info and sends to the MRC, not the other way around. So if you are not seeing on the Z5 screen, it is a Z5 setting, not an MRC issue. The MRC only records and displays what you send it from your Z5. The MRC should merely echo the TC that it is getting from the Z5.

Make sure you carefully go through your DISPLAY SET and TC/UB SET menus on the Z5 (and of course in the manual).

Last edited by Adam Gold; March 16th, 2014 at 03:55 PM.
Adam Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2014, 04:49 PM   #7
New Boot

Thank you for the information, as always it`s very helpful and greatly appreciated!
Old March 19th, 2014, 10:17 AM   #8
Inner Circle

Re: Question about MRC1k

Note that the unit is called an MRC1k or just MRC1. I'm including that here so this thread will come up in any sub-forum searches on the unit name.
Old March 19th, 2014, 11:48 AM   #9
Wrangler

Re: Question about MRC1K

Thread title amended.
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z5 / HDR-FX1000