Why not NTSC and PAL modes? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270
Handheld and shoulder mount versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old February 20th, 2008, 10:51 AM   #16
Major Player

I call Sony support yesterday the tech said she was not aware of and upgrade or firmware for NTSC and PAL she said she would get back with me on Friday with and answer. Does any one have a contact person and phone number for the upgrade.
Brian Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2008, 11:04 AM   #17
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Mowbray View Post
I wonder if the trip to Sony service is needed because the only way to upgrade the internal program is via some special connector.
My old PC-7 (the original upright palmcorder) was de-nEUtered - had its FireWire record function enabled - via the FireWire port. You could also do it with a special Sony Engineering remote via InfraRed, but this involved typing in Hex codes with a remote that wasn't publicly available. Perhaps the trip to a Sony Service centre is to get at such a remote...

Feels like the old days of blue-boxing.
Matt Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2008, 01:09 PM   #18
Major Player

Anything new on this NTSC/PAL modification?
Laurence Kingston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2008, 03:10 PM   #19
Sony Electronics

Hi, I work for Sony,

The Z7 & S270 camcorders can be upgraded by Sony service for PAL NTSC operation by the addition of a small circuit board. Once the ugrade is installed, you can slect the recording mode in the camera's menu.

Juan Martinez
Sony Electronics
Juan Martinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2008, 06:24 PM   #20
Regular Crew

Hi Juan,

Thanks for the confirmation on this. I realize you're over in the states. Would you happen to have a direct access number and name for the person we'd need to coordinate with in Singapore?

I'm also very interested to know if there's any possibility of the addition of cache record for this camera and the EX1 as well?

Joe

Last edited by Joe Yaggi; April 4th, 2008 at 06:41 PM. Reason: additional footnote
Joe Yaggi is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270