dust and changing lenses at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270
Handheld and shoulder mount versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old January 16th, 2008, 05:53 PM   #1
New Boot

dust and changing lenses

When you change lenses on the Z7, will the CMOS sensors be exposed to dust?
Jack Markham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2008, 05:57 PM   #2
Major Player

You just have to be careful. I only plan on changing it once: to put the wide angle lens on it and leave it that way, but people have been changing lenses for a long time without too many problems.
Laurence Kingston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2008, 10:33 PM   #3
Major Player

That's what dust cleaning kits are made for.
Eric Stemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2008, 11:19 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Anyone know if it will be possible to buy the camera body alone? (And then add the wide-angle lens.)
Old January 19th, 2008, 11:44 PM   #5
New Boot

are the sensors exposed?

The sensor in my Nikon digital SLR camera needs to be cleaned once in a while. Usually just a puff of air form a rocket blower does it, but I have had to do a wet cleaning. Before I blow off the sensor, I blow out the chamber of the camera.

Will I need to clean the sensors of the Z7? Or, is the construction of an interchangeable lens video camera such that the sensors are better protected from dust than is the sensor of a digital SLR?

I'll be coming to the Z7 from a PD170. I have never had a video camera with interchangeable lenses.
Jack Markham is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270