FCP plug-in has been released !! for M2T & DV file import at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270
Handheld and shoulder mount versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old March 20th, 2008, 01:03 AM   #1
New Boot

FCP plug-in has been released !! for M2T & DV file import

Here:

http://www.sonybiz.net/biz/view/Show...veContext=true
Kenny Pai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2008, 01:45 AM   #2
Regular Crew

thanks kenny :) has anyone tried this plugin yet? haven't received my unit yet to test the import functionality on, but i'm guessing this is used for simple drag & drop to your FCP bin?
Sean Hsieh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2008, 04:28 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Does anyone know whether a solution for FCE is likely to happen?
Hedley Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2008, 08:13 AM   #4
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Hsieh View Post
thanks kenny :) has anyone tried this plugin yet? haven't received my unit yet to test the import functionality on, but i'm guessing this is used for simple drag & drop to your FCP bin?
Not sure about it yet. But it did mention in the text that you had to use FCP's "Log & Capture" to bring the footage in.
Hopefully this means drag and drop and not normal logging in of footage and capture in real time.
Old March 26th, 2008, 07:53 PM   #5
New Boot

I think it uses the 'log and transfer' window actually, which does mean drag n drop.
Johann D.K. Cerecke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2008, 07:56 AM   #6
Tourist

How much time does it take to import these clips from the drive

I am thinking about getting a couple of these to speed up workflow with my v1u. I was wondering what the time difference is between using the log and transfer versus using tape and the log and capture.

Thanks
Ben
Benjamin Nasse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2008, 09:02 AM   #7
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin Nasse View Post
I am thinking about getting a couple of these to speed up workflow with my v1u. I was wondering what the time difference is between using the log and transfer versus using tape and the log and capture.

Thanks
Ben
There is a HUGE difference in the time it takes. A 60 minute tape will always take at least 60 minutes to log and capture from tape, but that same amount of footage on a CF card could be logged and transferred in a matter of a few minutes, depending on how fast your CF card is.
Old May 7th, 2008, 09:15 AM   #8
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Pai View Post

Is this the same plugin that has been out for a month or so now or a diffrent one?

Bruce
Bruce G. Cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2008, 01:28 PM   #9
Regular Crew

Imoprting M2T files at high speed?!!?!

Hi there all,

I spoke to Sony and this is a new plug in. I have Final Cut 6.03 and I can capture the footage in real time when playing back from the device. (I press menu, chose HDV and press play, so I assume the device is not in "computer mode") However, when I do this a dialogue box comes up saying that I didn't remove the device properly?!?! Seems to work though. However...

...I can't figure out for the life of me how to import/drag and drop the files to increase the transfer rate of my footage.

Has anyone done this high speed capture successfully and if so, what settings do you have on your capture presets?

Mihali
Mihali Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2008, 06:04 PM   #10
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mihali Moore View Post
Hi there all,

I spoke to Sony and this is a new plug in. I have Final Cut 6.03 and I can capture the footage in real time when playing back from the device. (I press menu, chose HDV and press play, so I assume the device is not in "computer mode") However, when I do this a dialogue box comes up saying that I didn't remove the device properly?!?! Seems to work though. However...

...I can't figure out for the life of me how to import/drag and drop the files to increase the transfer rate of my footage.

Has anyone done this high speed capture successfully and if so, what settings do you have on your capture presets?

Mihali
At the moment I can not use this CF unit with my FCP apple set-up. I am on leopard 10.5.2 and using the sony 1.01-1 plug in. I am getting really annoyed at this as sony dont seem to want to fix this the retailer creative video dont know and apple just blame the other two mentioned.
Old May 8th, 2008, 12:43 AM   #11
New Boot

Kenny, thanks for the link!! I’m running System 10.4.11 with FCP 6.0.3, using 16gb Sandisk Extreme III cards with an Extreme IV firewire 800 reader - and it works flawlessly from the “log and transfer” dialogue. Now all we need is preview and mass metadata editing, and we are beating P2 hands down!
Winston Cutshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2008, 03:13 AM   #12
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston Cutshall View Post
Kenny, thanks for the link!! I’m running System 10.4.11 with FCP 6.0.3, using 16gb Sandisk Extreme III cards with an Extreme IV firewire 800 reader - and it works flawlessly from the “log and transfer” dialogue. Now all we need is preview and mass metadata editing, and we are beating P2 hands down!
i am using the same cards and reader, but having always trouble with some files.. do you have the same problems?

thanks
clemens
Old May 9th, 2008, 01:15 AM   #13
New Boot

Clemens, Not as of yet. I will be shooting much more in the coming days, and will follow up if I begin to get errors
Winston Cutshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2008, 09:21 AM   #14
Regular Crew

I have managed to work out how to log and transfer data from my CF card to final cut pro 6.0.3.

However, it seems that even when I shoot in 25P on my Z7, the clip settings do not match my sequence settings which I have set to HDV 1080p25. Final Cut asks if I want to change the settings to match my clip settings. When I say yes, the sequence turns into HDV 1080i50.

I have also noticed, that in the compressor column in my browser all the clips have HDV 1080i50.

Am I missing something in the log and transfer window? (My audio/visual setting in the menu are set to HDV 1080p25). I can't seem to find anything to alter capture settings.....
Mihali Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2008, 08:59 PM   #15
New Boot

I think maybe the 25p it uses is actually a type of 50i where both fields are the same. This is so it can be edited as 50i, although I'm not sure why.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270