my Z7; first impression. - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270

Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270
Handheld and shoulder mount versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old April 4th, 2008, 11:19 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Good review, but I'm confused as to the winner of the low-light contest. Canon A1 or Z7?

I was very close to buying the A1, and now it seems like the best choice considering the flaws of the Z7. I'm only waiting for NAB to see what's new.
John Markert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2008, 01:01 PM   #17
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Markert View Post
Good review, but I'm confused as to the winner of the low-light contest. Canon A1 or Z7?

I was very close to buying the A1, and now it seems like the best choice considering the flaws of the Z7. I'm only waiting for NAB to see what's new.

Not sure if I posted it here or other forums, but our local group did some shootouts between all of these cameras; Z1U, V1U, A1U, EX1, Z7U (updated) and a PD170 for reference. It was an extremely controlled test with great results where we compared just about everything. I'll try to get the info and post it again.....
Marshall Levy is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270