Sony Z7 Updated wedding clip at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270

Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270
Handheld and shoulder mount versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old June 2nd, 2008, 07:42 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Sony Z7 Updated wedding clip

Well I did some tweaking on my encoding on a wedding video I uploaded last week. Here is a link to the new site it lives on. Again, I am not really interested in any critique of my style. I just wanted to share what the quality looks like.

http://brucearoni.smugmug.com/galler...06124216_tmBRC

Bruce Cleveland
Bruce G. Cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2008, 03:40 AM   #2
Trustee

Some very nice work Bruce, love the colour and the soft focus effect. How was the slow motion applied ?
Vincent Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2008, 10:24 AM   #3
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce G. Cleveland View Post
Well I did some tweaking on my encoding on a wedding video I uploaded last week. Here is a link to the new site it lives on. Again, I am not really interested in any critique of my style. I just wanted to share what the quality looks like.

http://brucearoni.smugmug.com/galler...06124216_tmBRC

Bruce Cleveland
Bruce, some of the shots looked very good.
But some of the shots, especially indoors seem real flat and lacking contrast (especially the early shots of the flowers and many of the indoor shots of the ceremony in the church.

Was any color correction done to these clips, or was it meant to be a straight out of the cam example of the shooting this camera can do.
Old June 6th, 2008, 10:45 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Liebergot View Post
Bruce, some of the shots looked very good.
But some of the shots, especially indoors seem real flat and lacking contrast (especially the early shots of the flowers and many of the indoor shots of the ceremony in the church.

Was any color correction done to these clips, or was it meant to be a straight out of the cam example of the shooting this camera can do.
Hi Michael

Someone mentioned some time back that they had a theory that -6 gain on this camera was the same as 0, so I had -6 gain for some of the ceremony. I did not find that to be true and have since left the gain on 0 where it should be. I was really just experimenting at one of my competitors weddings. He was nice enough to invite me to shoot some video. I appreciate your observations. I did do some funky filter stuff as well, which now I wish I had not done.

Bruce
Bruce G. Cleveland is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270